AC Formula Abarth @ Magione - Monday 23 November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Was the first one on the server and thought: Well, thats not going to end well. I spun every lap several times, set one bad lap with half a spin. Then the other guys came onto the server, when i read the names i was like: Oh damn, that P1 won't last long.
Welll, it did surprisingly. Around half time things got intense, always really close gaps, sometimes just 0.008 between the top 3. From time to time i got a lap without mistakes and always could jsut get myself into P1. Surprised of my speed actually cause the other drivers were normally faster than me on different cars.

I drove exactly at 0:00 above the finish line, starting my last lap from P2, just pushing myself into P1 in practice.
Just because of that intense practice it was a great event.

In Qualifying things were close between Geoffroy, Tobias and me. In the top 8 laps, 4 times were from me. Still i started from 3rd, having a equal time with Tobias who set his time first.

In the race i could overtake Tobias instantly, but was overtaken by Simon, but i could re-overtake him in the same lap.
After that i could build up pressure to Geoffroy quickly, passing him in lap 4 or so around the outside of Turn 1, finishing the move in the inside of Turn 2.
That was really fun, and as i could catch up to him in the first laps, i was confident to have a nice battle for 1st place. Unfortunately i made a mistake in the same lap, just a small error but it led me slid into the gravel trap at a position were i couldnt drive safely onto the track again.
Came out on P8, 17 seconds behind P3.
Each lap i gained over one second to the drivers in front of me, working myself to the front and profiting from some driving errors.
Finished in 4th, 11 seconds behind P3.

Could have been a better race with a great battle, but well.... Sh*t happens.

On the podium, but it was really more luck than skill. I really hate the track. Every time I race here I end up spinning coming out of any one of the numerous corners. Towards the end of practice I followed Geoffroy for a lap or so. Oh didn't know you could take that corner in 3rd. That type of stuff. I downloaded the setup that he posted and it felt good (THANKS!).

At race start I was behind Charles and Stephen, not sure what I was going to do if I ever got closer. Then on at the last couple of corners there was an accident, and I found a gap there to get by. Somehow I was in 3rd. But it was tough because I felt more in a rhythm because I was following some cars and all the sudden I was in "just don't screw up mode" because I knew I had faster cars behind me.

Tires started getting sketchy, and I was wondering if the gap I had was going to be enough. Even though I was being careful, the times didn't suffer that much I guess.

What a race this was.. couldn't get my rubber warm. They stayed under 60 degrees for the whole race! Tracktemperature stayed about 16/17 degrees I believe, so braking without locking them was pretty difficult. Finished about 15s behind @Geof who I believe is from Mars ;)! Very happy to get silver though..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back