AC Formula Abarth @ Donington National - Wed 11 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So many love hate to this sim and it will take time to learn stuff but honestly, after rFactor 2 this sim is not complete and missing a few things.

The pit stop as now is horrible, I lost about 3 positions during the stop because it's the first ever sim that requires to use mouse and in the mean time, time is passing by until you start to do the pit stop.
Then there is the start, usually I wait for the red light to turn off and then when the race starts I engage the 1st gear and car starts to roll. I started 3rd but due to the bad start I already lost many positions and caused some disorder. How do you guys start? Can I engage 1st gear and car accelerate on it's own after lights go off??? Please tell me...

My ovf1 app that shows many things doesn't work well when online racing, I didn't know what position I was and no gaps to other drivers, no last lap time and other crucial info that I wanted to know during the race.

All in all it was interesting race and I learned many things and hopefully one day when Kunos hopefully fix the bugs or such and the sim will be more complete, I would like to see a league over here.

Started 3rd and crashed at the last laps, was running full tank on start and full tank after the stop, used medium tires that held very well. Was having fun until I crashed on my own and even don't know what position I was. :unsure:

Thanks Ricardo for organizing the event, see you in next races....

Last edited:
Midday practice i was fast, even the race setup was 1sec from quali time so i was optimistic about the race.
After the start at last place,it went well even i was on place 8th but then at lap 7 i spin off and make many mistakes again.
Learning to be fast and constant is my goal,before i will not rest :laugh:
Nice cars btw

Good Race, had a phenomenal Start, but also 2 small mistakes during the Race :ninja:

@Sergey Yashin in my opinion you did well on the pit, i was right behind you and lost a couple seconds searching my mouse cursor on the screen :cautious:
The three Guys who overtakes us, just did not pit at the time, after you crashed they all went to the pit one by one (you were on P5 btw.)

Great track, great car!
I qualied 1st. During the race had a lot of pressure from Rami, Falko and Sergey. At some point I managed to make a considerable gap due to different pit stop strategies but that gap closed at the end of the race.

Worst race since a while for me too.
A part due to some constant stuttering on this track ( more than 5 races exp.)
And an other part for some bad driving and optimistic unpreparedness from myself.

@Christian Lozanov, you gave me the opportunity to make a bold move, perhaps my only good move of this race. Sorry to see it's end end up penalysing both of us. Thx for letting me rejoin.

@Stelios Fevgatos, and perhaps other one, I didn't managed to let the fast guys pass when needed, so I beg your mercy :notworthy:

Congrats to podium
See you next.

Worst race since a while for me too.
A part due to some constant stuttering on this track ( more than 5 races exp.)
And an other part for some bad driving and optimistic unpreparedness from myself.

@Christian Lozanov, you gave me the opportunity to make a bold move, perhaps my only good move of this race. Sorry to see it's end end up penalysing both of us. Thx for letting me rejoin.

@Stelios Fevgatos, and perhaps other one, I didn't managed to let the fast guys pass when needed, so I beg your mercy :notworthy:

Congrats to podium
See you next.

No problem. I had to lock up so hard during turn in and i lost it...

Still managed to get to 2nd place (started 10th) only to spin twice in last lap because i was on the phone :p . Cool car, cool track, not so good quality racing this time to be honest.
Some people need to learn how to hold their lines while side by side with other cars.

Edit : You also had blue flag :p Naughty boy !

Last edited:
Could anybody(possibly one of the aliens) give me a feedback on my setup? i would just like to know if i went in the right direction, or if my setup was rather counterproductive.

Attachments

• q.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 219
Hi Peter.
I don't count myself as an alien, but can send you my setup to test it If you wan't...?
After all those setups are so dependent on drivingstyle.

The pit stop as now is horrible, I lost about 3 positions during the stop because it's the first ever sim that requires to use mouse and in the mean time, time is passing by until you start to do the pit stop.
Agreed, the pitstop is something more along the lines of prehistoric racing. No preparation :(

Then there is the start, usually I wait for the red light to turn off and then when the race starts I engage the 1st gear and car starts to roll. I started 3rd but due to the bad start I already lost many positions and caused some disorder. How do you guys start? Can I engage 1st gear and car accelerate on it's own after lights go off??? Please tell me...
Complain to Kunos, they screwed it up. Yes there is a trick to not stall the car on start. Not sure it's necessary for paddle shift cars but it is 100% necessary for any h-shifter car in AC. The less power the car has the more it is needed. There are many hidden aids in AC, it's ewww.

My ovf1 app that shows many things doesn't work well when online racing, I didn't know what position I was and no gaps to other drivers, no last lap time and other crucial info that I wanted to know during the race.
Plus it's a major contributor to stuttering.
Something to do with huge logs from apps or some such.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%