AC Formula Abarth @ Barcelona - Saturday 21st November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the awesome practice session tonight @Sun Levi @Casper was great fun doing actual practice and improvement. Was great to talk racing lines, braking points and all that technical stuff. I absolutely love that :)

First time I've done such a thing since the last league! Lots-o-laps. Still can't believe I found 1.5 seconds purely from optimizing the gear ratios.

Cop that @Jeremy Talbot @Sniper :p

Super pumped for the race tomorrow night :)

Thanks for the awesome practice session tonight @Sun Levi @Casper was great fun doing actual practice and improvement. Was great to talk racing lines, braking points and all that technical stuff. I absolutely love that :)

First time I've done such a thing since the last league! Lots-o-laps. Still can't believe I found 1.5 seconds purely from optimizing the gear ratios.

I'm not playing with you anymore:(

Me neither! :p

My theoretical best is a 46.6 too but I just can't hold a lap together :cautious:
Going to be a good race!

^ I believe it was more than just the ratio, more practice laps + grip level went up a bit, correct gears does help heaps but I highly doubt you can find 1.5 seconds purely on gears :p

And @elloLeo Kinnunen What wings are you running? I'm personally running 9 - 3, but I suggest for more stability go for 9/10/11 at the front and ~4 at the back.

Last edited:
^ I believe it was more than just the ratio, more practice laps + grip level went up a bit, correct gears does help heaps but I highly doubt you can find 1.5 seconds purely on gears :p
I'd say it was 8 tenths gear ratios, and probably 6 or 7 tenths of practice. :)
I don't think track grip made a massive difference because when the session reset I was still quite a bit quicker than before on race pace.

The gears were definitely the dominant factor though. I was losing so much on corner exits due to the short ratios.

Really enjoyable race for me, even though I was by myself for most of it. Almost made it to the end on the mediums but I made a mistake at T7 and spun.

Great race @Sun Levi, nice overtake and wheel to wheel battle after your pitstop! Super close and fair racing :)

Thanks lads for a fun evening.
Think I may be warming to the combo actually:whistling:. Even though it was tough, the challenge was actually very enjoyable in itself. Would like to have a bit more speed but plonked along ok until start of lap 21 and hit the sausage kerb at turn 1 and ended up in the sand , otherwise I was pretty happy with my improvement over the laps I did.
Gotta get a braking lesson from @elloLeo Kinnunen and @Jeremy Talbot . I reckon on some corners I would have been dropping at least 0.2 per corner. I just don't get it:confused:
Thanks @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for the race.

Great race for me, absolutely love this combo! Thanks @Chris Stacey for the event! :thumbsup:

Formula_Abarth_RACEDEPARTMENT.jpg

Not the greatest event for me although I finished well. For some reason I just couldn't get a good quali lap in. I've been running fairly consistently in the 1.47.3's in practise but I only managed a 47.9 in quali. Gutted. :O_o:
I think it's worthwhile pitting with this combo, as pretty much everyone found out it's very easy to over or understeer after about 5 laps on these tires.

All that said, I had a good battle with @Sniper for a good few laps until he unfortunately oversteered at turn 9. Thought he was going to catch me after I had a couple of moments here and there but he had a major with Toms lag and that put paid to that.

Thanks @Chris Stacey for going off! You literally handed me 2nd place :cool::D

One to forget for me. Still getting used to the setup in quali and not enough race fuel practice. Picked the final restart to do my worst start - 4th down to 6th by T1. Then followed with an off at infamous T5 on cold tyres and possibly dirty air from @Jeremy Talbot close ahead. Thankfully I didn't take anyone else out that time - others weren't to be so lucky later in the race. To top off the worst opening lap, a bit further down the road I discovered a three car pile up with nowhere else to go. Second major incident. Wish those guys had stayed around though, we might have had a race.

Rest of the time I was >2 laps behind and all on my lonesome. Thought I could extract some entertainment by chasing after people on fresh softs. And after what I hoped was a clean overtake on @Casper I saw @Sniper 's car flying off the road ahead of me and the @Teamspeak lady saying connection lost. I didn't save the replay, but it felt like he was miles ahead still though... Are the netcode and AI issues for AC linked? Why doesn't the game AI just take over for me if I totally lose connection like that and then teleport me back to where I actually am at a moment when I am not directly overlapping with another car or on a trajectory to take them out?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back