Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

Yeah I'm not sure what causes that. It's always quads in 3dsmax, so that's what really matters :)

No UV's on anything yet, only geometry so far.

Reactions: CC
So far, 244k triangles, there are still some rough edges to smooth out and optimize some bits, but all the parts are there now

screenshot030_1.jpg

screenshot029_1.jpg

screenshot031_1.jpg

Added radiators detail:
screenshot033.jpg

And finished with the rear links connections, hoses and details. Still need to smooth out some bits, though most of this geometry won't be that much visible in-game (about 60% of the suspension parts are in the shadow all the time).

screenshot032_1.jpg

So far, 244k triangles, there are still some rough edges to smooth out and optimize some bits, but all the parts are there now

View attachment 190670
View attachment 190671
View attachment 190669
Added radiators detail:
View attachment 190667

And finished with the rear links connections, hoses and details. Still need to smooth out some bits, though most of this geometry won't be that much visible in-game (about 60% of the suspension parts are in the shadow all the time).

View attachment 190668
Awesome work man ,
How many sides are those tires 128 ?
Smoothest tires I think I ever saw :D

Thanks! started with something like that, but it went down to 90 sides. Maybe they should be less?

View attachment 190698
I made my Hybrid 64 , Then LOD B 32 , LOD C 16 , Or maybe 8 Cant remember ,
I was thinking 64 was killer lol , But I have more edges in the center of my grip areas ,
My front tire 64 sides is something like 3950 Tri ,
Do not think it makes no difference man , If we getting all the details and there is room to play with my Hybrid 255k Tri finished :)

Love seeing this kind of stuff, see how the pro's do it :thumbsup:

There once was a time not so long ago when the thought of UV's scared/confused the hell out of me. But really its not difficult, just a little monotonous. Still I find it a little therapeutic, I usually do it when I'm too lazy to actually be creative and just want to feel productive :roflmao:

Superb work as always.

Even if I'm no modder that stuff interest me too. It bugs the hell out of me not knowing how all those pieces in the template knows where to go in the model in game, sometimes they seems to be in no sensible order or places. This bothers me everytime I make skins. :D

Reactions: CC
Even if I'm no modder that stuff interest me too. It bugs the hell out of me not knowing how all those pieces in the template knows where to go in the model in game, sometimes they seems to be in no sensible order or places. This bothers me everytime I make skins. :D

Well if you're into skins then your input is interesting to me, since I've tried to keep a reasonable layout on the body panels so they'll be easy to work on. That's why there are many "black spots" on the UV and parts are not that tight as the rest of the other parts, so everything is pointing in a somewhat straight direction and it's easier to figure out where everything goes.

Love seeing this kind of stuff, see how the pro's do it :thumbsup:

There once was a time not so long ago when the thought of UV's scared/confused the hell out of me. But really its not difficult, just a little monotonous. Still I find it a little therapeutic, I usually do it when I'm too lazy to actually be creative and just want to feel productive :roflmao:

Superb work as always.

Thanks Gary, yeah I remember my first approach to UV's, couldn't understand how they can get so complicated, it's a tedious process but a vital part of our mods.

A few more UV's done, only missing the suspension parts and tires, but the rest is all done by now.

Here the leather part of the steering wheel takes less space because it's only for AO, the detail will come from the shader itself, unlike the metal parts which they'll have it's own diffuse texture.

uvs06.jpg

Both rims front and back in the same UV space:

uvs05.jpg

Mechanical parts, mostly symmetrical along with nuts and bolts:

uvs04.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back