AC Formula 3 @ Spa - Wednesday 24th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. Today we are racing in Formula 3 car of RSR and you are invited to join!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend to this race. This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: RSR Formula 3
  • Track: Spa
  • 19:00 UTC | Practice (15 minutes)
  • 19:15UTC | Qualification (15 minutes)
  • 19:30 UTC | Race (30 minutes)
Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send me a private message including your email address so I can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
See you on track!

Ohh very nice! Do you get some notice that the pit window is open or something?

Ye it's at the top of the screen all the time. There is also a warning when you sit on the grid. Not so easy to see in VR...

Make sure you set the 'results' screen to the length of time you want between each session for tea/loo breaks/race brief. Default is very short.

Last edited:
I wonder if it would be possible for ABS and TC to be activated for the cars that can have it.
For us less able drivers it makes the races too difficult to get anywhere near competitive, or to keep tyres for 30 mins.

I wonder if it would be possible for ABS and TC to be activated for the cars that can have it.
For us less able drivers it makes the races too difficult to get anywhere near competitive, or to keep tyres for 30 mins.
I don't see any options for ABS or TC in the garage. Are they available on the F317?

I don't see any options for ABS or TC in the garage. Are they available on the F317?

As it is a Formula car, it doesn't have any assists however this car is a somewhat easier car to control the brakes compared to some others. Do some testing with the car and see if it is something for you.

@uvraver pace isn't important. We rather have clean but somewhat slower drivers than insane fast but dirty. About the tires, we have a mandatory pitstop, in this pitstop you need to change the tires. so tire wear isn't an issue here.

When the hosting server is set to factory settings there are no electronic aids, but they are available in the game on modern cars.. [Just set ABS and TC to on in the menu.]

Braking without ABS is so hard and being a slower driver with braking zone already long non-ABS braking is at least 25% longer, so when a fast driver catches you up they will not expect you to brake so ridiculously soon, ruining both drivers races.

Last edited:
You'll have to work on your braking technique if you lock up too much. Smash the brake pedal 100% at first and gradually reduce the braking force when you are approaching a corner should help already a lot.

Adding fake assists isn't going to make you a better driver, it will just postpone the learningprocess. Just dive in headfirst, join us on the discord and we'll get you through it, no worries :)

When the hosting server is set to factory settings there are no electronic aids, but they are available in the game on modern cars.. [Just set ABS and TC to on in the menu.]

Braking without ABS is so hard and being a slower driver with braking zone already long non-ABS braking is at least 25% longer, so when a fast driver catches you up they will not expect you to brake so ridiculously soon, ruining both drivers races.

I take the view that when i'm following a slower car, that they will break earlier than me, so I either run alongside and then use it to make the overtake, if they don't brake early I can slot back in behind. I hear what you're saying but I feel its the overtaking cars responsibility to manage whatever the car in front is doing. If you brake early and they run into you, their fault, same as on the public roads. You can brake wherever you feel you need to, to make a corner safely.

Also i might come out for this one as I've been meaning to add a midweek race to my schedule. @uvraver, don't worry about pace, get it on track, get some experience, nothing like competition to improve your skills.

@Bram Hengeveld is there never a practice server for these races? I dunno if i'm at a reasonable pace if I can't see other peoples times, could turn up and be 10 secs slower ;) I'm in the 2:16s now after 10 laps practice on stock setup.

@Bram Hengeveld is there never a practice server for these races? I dunno if i'm at a reasonable pace if I can't see other peoples times, could turn up and be 10 secs slower ;) I'm in the 2:16s now after 10 laps practice on stock setup.

As this is the first test race, result don't really matter, and we won't be hosting a practice lobby. It is a good idea for the future tho, we will keep it in mind!

About that laptime, don't really know yet, i will try some laps tomorrow and see what i can do. (i have some reasonable pace in these cars)

As this is the first test race, result don't really matter, and we won't be hosting a practice lobby. It is a good idea for the future tho, we will keep it in mind!

About that laptime, don't really know yet, i will try some laps tomorrow and see what i can do. (i have some reasonable pace in these cars)
cool, I managed to get into the 13's and then got bored and went GT3 racing ;)

cool, I managed to get into the 13's and then got bored and went GT3 racing ;)

Hahaha nice mate, 2.13 definitely isn't bad. I think race pace will be around that laptime. But midpack should be possible for you!

Solo practice on Spa can get pretty boring in these cars indeed... but racing them around spa, amazing.

hmmm open-wheel racing. It will be my first one here at RD and I'm pretty curious how it's gonna be

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 117 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 154 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 220 15.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 401 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 562 38.5%