AC Formula 3 @ Nurburgring GP - Saturday 28th November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me up. Starting to get the hang of this car. Can't get used to the tires though. Takes at least 3 laps for them to warm up and then they are only decent for about 3 laps before they start to fall off. Hate to see what they look like after 25 laps.
You'll need to make a pitstop mate :)
Did some testing around Silverstone yesterday and they lasted a maximum of 15 laps before they completely dropped off the cliff and became undriveable, so I reckon around the Nurburgring they might last 17-18 laps as its a shorter and less demanding track.

Best. Car. Ever.
Seriously, great racing fellas and awesome job on the super clean start!

Screenshot_dallara_f312_nurburgring_28-11-115-19-18-35.jpg

Screenshot_dallara_f312_nurburgring_28-11-115-19-32-12.jpg

Screenshot_dallara_f312_nurburgring_28-11-115-19-33-4.jpg

Screenshot_dallara_f312_nurburgring_28-11-115-19-34-3.jpg

A very eventful race for me. Great racing with @Sniper and @Fred Locklear in the beginning but I just couldn't deal with the degrading tires so kept running wide. Note to self; practise the long runs...

Apologies @Matt Bailey for hitting you, you braked a bit earlier than I expected and I tried to stop but couldn't :( I fit makes you feel better I spun a few corners later losing 10 seconds? ;) Was great racing up until then, with your undercut working a charm. :D

It was a good battle with @Matheus Machado after that with the both of us on worn tires. @Sniper came back, albeit a lap down, to resume our battle. Good fun!

Better than I expected with this car. I had been practicing with default wings and really no tweaks, but it would take a perfect lap (for me) to get into the 1:57s on the practice server. After hearing on TS that some of you were up in the 35s with the front wing I did the same and ended up at 35/18 for wings. Could throw the car into the turns a bit easier.

During the race, I was behind @Sniper and @Jeremy Talbot hoping to get into draft range. I would close in, but I had trouble in the corners, I think, because I was getting some dirty air. Got by Jeremy when he went wide on one turn and then Tony had some equipment repairs. After that I had about a 20s gap in front and behind. After boxing, got some good laps in before tires started to go South (BTW, when things to tits up down Under there, do you say "things started to go North?")...then it was "don't **** up, spin, and lose a spot" mode.

Like the car, but still need to shave off at least another second in lap times.

Well, that was awesome for me. Thanks @Sun Levi and @Michael Stead for a great race. Probably my most complete race yet. Had reasonable pace and was clean in some very close racing over the whole race distance. Still learning but happy to be making progress. Shame for @Sniper . I am sure you would have been sniffing around too. Your race pace is always strong.
Congrats to @Chris Stacey on a commanding performance. Oh and thanks for the engineering help!!
Thanks as always to Chris and Tony for the organisation .
Looking forward to many more races in this car. Undoubtedly THE open wheeler for wheel to wheel racing.

Was doing reasonable, got a good slip stream on @Jack and managed to hold on to the car (just) for the pass at the end of the first lap. I managed to get the undercut on @Jeremy Talbot in the pits, but he passed me on the straight next lap only for him to make a mistake and I slipped back past him. Couple of laps later and I lifted early for the last corner, Jeremy couldn't react fast enough and tagged me (my fault mate sorry), I hit the pit entrance wall, had to reverse up to get going, so I pitted to repair the wings and the race was lonely from there until @Chris Stacey came by to lap me.

Well, that was awesome for me. Thanks @Sun Levi and @Michael Stead for a great race. Probably my most complete race yet. Had reasonable pace and was clean in some very close racing over the whole race distance. Still learning but happy to be making progress. Shame for @Sniper . I am sure you would have been sniffing around too. Your race pace is always strong.
Congrats to @Chris Stacey on a commanding performance. Oh and thanks for the engineering help!!
Thanks as always to Chris and Tony for the organisation .
Looking forward to many more races in this car. Undoubtedly THE open wheeler for wheel to wheel racing.
I really wanted to slow down and get in the battle with you fellas but I also wanted to win haha I haven't won a race since the Formula Abarth @ Paul Ricard... Loooong time ago. Lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back