1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Formula 3 @ Jacarepagua - Wed 01Nov17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 01-11-17
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,393
    I can tell you with absolute certainty that I'd never even think of blocking anyone :) I'm way more likely to crash myself out of the race letting someone go past than even attempt at blocking ;) So even if it might seem like I could be blocking someone, the real explanation is I'm probably just in a state of slight panic behind the wheel doing dumb things unintentionally ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kuba Oczos

Kuba Oczos
    Snoopy Premium

Ratings:
    +90
    Must say I am impressed of realism in Automobilista, as it was my first race in it :thumbsup: Did 14th in quali on unknown track and in unknown sim, but that is why on lap 5 I had missed breaking at last corner, going straight into a gravel trap... which turned out bo be tough like in real life. I couldn't get out, but when I managed by keeping high revs, it caused me to make a very nice spin as fast as my wheels got onto the grass... and then just spin agin :mad: So the race was over for me after lap 5 and then just lost any focus and start making mistakes not having anyone to race with, however I leared something about being off-track in AMS and I am positively impressed with the game.

Congratulations to podiums :)

PS. Don't undestand how you can conserve tyres so much, when you said around 80% I was on 60% :roflmao::D

3. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    Sorry about that at 29:50...

4. Zentinel

Zentinel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Not bad for a first race. Qualy went well, qualified 12th, but the race didn't. Lost about 20 seconds with a spin that sent me into a gravel trap, only finishing 20th. But I finished, which was my target :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. KODIAK

KODIAK
    V8 Supercars is the best! Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    now worries, I was looking at something and didn't see you, hence the close call.

6. Ken Bell

Ken Bell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    My first race in AMS and really first hands-on too. Perhaps I should have ‘played’ with it for a bit longer. I pulled into the pits a few laps from the end just to watch.

But I really want to thank all you guys for your welcome into the fold and your help with my first race. Apart from my errors, I had a great race and really enjoyed it. But as mentioned above, I need to play with it a bit.

I will be back for other races very soon as I really like this AMS. See you soon guys.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +160
    Well I had an interesting hardware issue just at the lights before the start, I heard a USB disconnect and immediately followed by a reconnect sound.
    I think it may have been my headphones as now I have a rig I'm further from my PC and it may have pulled slightly.
    Anyway the annoying thing was my clutch pedal failed as I was waiting for the lights to go out so the car lunged forward! - drive through penalty...
    Did the penalty within 3 laps then when I pitted for fuel and tyres I engaged the pit limiter but it disengaged! Speeding in pits - drive through penalty ....
    I don't normally have hardware issues like that so it was frustrating.
    Anyway, had fun coming back through the field to a point so I enjoyed the race.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    Thank god I didn't hit you... If I remember correctly I hit someone before almost hitting you... :(

9. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    Here's my POV if anyone is interested :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tero Dahlberg

Tero Dahlberg
    Ajira Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +330
    Is there a vod?

11. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,676
    You need to subscribe to the Twitch page to have access to them ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tero Dahlberg

Tero Dahlberg
    Ajira Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +330
    nvm

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  13. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +160
    I've tried to watch Kim's stream on twitch but is says that I need to subscribe to watch it?
    Subscription is 4.99 USD per Month?
    Seems a bit steep!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,676
    It's one of the many benefits of being a sub. Along with being able to watch stream in high and source quality. The leagues will always make their way to the YT channel but to access old club streams you need to be a sub. If you have amazon prime you can use your free twitch prime subscription.
    Also we don't get to choose the price. Twitch does it

15. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +160
    Ok thanks for the explanation, I do have Amazon prime so does that mean I can watch them? Or just a trial?
    Cheers

16. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,676
    If you hover over the subscribe button it should say "subscribe with prime" or something along those lines. It will be a free subscription for the month, and then you get another prime subscription the next month, so you can just resubscribe - again for free.

• Like Like x 1