1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Formula 3 @ Imola - Wed 29Nov17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 29-11-17
  1. Manos Papangleou

Manos Papangleou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    in!

2. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +750
    You're in

3. k-l-o-t-z

k-l-o-t-z
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2
    sorry have no teamspeak...maybe next time i am in ... have fun

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +750
    Ok, please read the rules, you must be on teamspeak to race here.
    Any problems please contact me & i will do my best to help you.

5. k-l-o-t-z

k-l-o-t-z
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2
    ok thx Steve ... first i should buy a headset ... second i should learn english ... :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. danracer2000

danracer2000
    AMS Unofficial Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    Not proud but this were the results:D[​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But always fun race with these guys! see u next!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. JozsefAcs

JozsefAcs
    Automobilista Unofficial - discord channel staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Its gonna get better mate haha first i need to learn also how not to spin out haha

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Puhis

Puhis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    Fun race, guys. Had excellent battles all race long, even a momentary stab or two at the lead but spent most of my time around P3-P4. Kudos for clean yet hard racing. Nothing was free, but everything was clearly priced with VAT included.

Had my own "not finest moment" near the end, trying something a lil' cheeky on Bart, who didn't bite and smacked his rear a little. Thankfully nothing happened, would've waited of course had he spun.

Last lap was a bit unfortunate: Certain driver spun from 2nd place at the exit of Acque Minerali. I saw him a bit late, but still had time to react. Unfortunately, I also had Bart on my tail like a Spitfire, so I tried to avoid sudden braking. Well, as it turns out, tyres might be a little worn on last lap, so I ran wide and smacked right into the hapless driver who was a sitting duck. Could've done more to avoid it.

I also got a drive-through penalty, even though I wasn't that far off the kerb. Had a few mistakes earlier in the race resulting in warnings, so I guess it was fair. Spotter told me to pit (it was the last lap) for it. Also lost front wing in process, which didn't help with cornering and allowed Bart to sneak through. Anyway, I entered the pits for DT, crossed the finish line akin to Schumi in Silverstone 1998, and promptly got slapped with a penalty anyway. Had I crossed the finish line without going to pits, I would've most likely ended up 3rd.

But, if cows had wheels, they'd be milk trucks. And we're doing this for fun, that is the objective and that objective was achieved. Therefore, all good and merry. Looking forward to the next one.

• Like Like x 3
  9. KODIAK

KODIAK
    V8 Supercars is the best! Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    A race to forget in a hurry:poop::poop::poop:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. danracer2000

danracer2000

Ratings:
    +43
    What happened,man?

11. KODIAK

KODIAK

Ratings:
    +109
    horrifically off pace. i was babying the car because it was twitchy on some corners and didnt want to spin out. messed up on my pit stop and lost time.

• Beer Beer x 2
  12. danracer2000

danracer2000

Ratings:
    +43
    When things just dont do, just keep on. Just plan ur next race in RD to improve the experience! :D. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I know the :poop: feeling. Pretty much everything that could've gone wrong for me today did, except perhaps getting a disconnect (but I did get intermittent stuttering for some reason). I even had something in my eye for like half the race, making the racing even more difficult. The car felt bad, I didn't have any practice, I had to restart the game, couldn't keep the car under control most of the race...and so on.

Apologies to @KODIAK for that bump, I expected you to brake a bit later and then didn't manage to avoid you. @Zentinel, thanks for waiting, but you really should've just go and not wait for me. I had trouble getting back on the track and held you up way longer than would've been acceptable, plus it wasn't really your fault in the first place - you lost control and I just didn't manage to avoid you. And finally, @Sven-Arne Andersson - if I pressured you into going off in the final corner on the penultimate lap, then I'm really sorry. It is true I was kinda struggling behind you and even getting a bit frustrated, which resulted in several close calls, but seeing you then go off there shortly after one of them I felt really bad about it :(

But still, thanks everyone for the race :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. KODIAK

KODIAK

Ratings:
    +109
    @Martin Fiala that was primarily my fault, as I mentioned in my last post, I was babying the car all over the place.

15. Zentinel

Zentinel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    I know, but it was still my fault. Anyway, I think waiting was the best option, we did end up having a nice little duel, that was ended by me taking myself out :) which I did all race after that :)

Imola is a cruel mistress. I enjoyed racing there, but I crashed too often in my first stint. I even had to do a three point turn on the gravel, against a wall. I lost almost a minute, or maybe even more than a minute.

Besides that, I did have fun catching everyone in the second stint, it went pretty well. I was about to catch @JozsefAcs as well when he spun. And then I spun.

it was a race of broken hearts. I'll work on my consistency and come back stronger in a few weeks!

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. danracer2000

danracer2000

Ratings:
    +43
    Wow it seems that ur race was kinda epic adventure against the circunstances :D. But you finished against the odds! Congrats!

17. TeSL9

TeSL9
    Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium

Ratings:
    +267
    I was going to write the same.. Few first laps were good but then i lost the pace. Car going all over the place. I know i was 3th but that doesnt really say much ..? Odd happenings in the end.
    Im sorry about my bad rejoin after i spinned.. I dont recall who it was, but someone got hit. :unsure:
    Btw, Have reiza done rework to this car recently?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. danracer2000

danracer2000

Ratings:
    +43
    Wow good to hear that i was not the only one slipping out. the car it was so sensible for me, but of course i did not had a decent set up...but if the 3rd had problems......hehe. I can go to work more proud of my 23/25 position!.

19. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +456
    @Martin Fiala No worries. It was my own fault. The thing was that I was stressed about your chasing and I was to hot on the accelerator with bad tyres so the fault was all mine.

• Beer Beer x 2
  20. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +160
    Last two laps I didn't have enough fuel so I tried my best to save the last litre, made it but the use of say 6th into every corner doesn't work...

Was a fun race overall