Formula 3 DLC - Released

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Here we go again, for what is the (likely) final DLC package for Game Stock Car: the Formula 3!

links:

Mediafire (zip file)
Mediafire (exe installer)

INSTALLATION: Just point to your GSC install folder and go. The Formula 3 will be available from the bottom left of the main menu, from where you can cycle from series to series (make sure you have Update v1.70 installed).

DESCRIPTION: The car is the Dallara F309 Formula 3 car, very similar to the latest generation F311 Formula 3 chassis. It´s based on the car used in the Sudam F3 series, which has a slightly more powerful engine, but inferior tires to their european and japanese counterparts.

The car physics was built upon comprehensive data from the real car, with development support from various drivers, and finally checked against tons of telemetry data. It is by any measure, a pro-level Formula 3 simulator software, neatly packaged as a free DLC for all the fortunate GSC owners :)

Special extra official GSC-credits thanks to our man Domagoj Lovric who helped develop the sounds into their final state.

And here is the template for the skin painters out there.

Enjoy!

To my knowledge it is :)

Front of the cars look like this \ ---axel----/ (positve value) and the rear should look like this /---axel---\ (negative value)

In general the car (from helicopter view) will look like an "X" hence formula cars can attack the curbstones to the max and due to the reverse toe's they can drag themselves literally around a corner.

The above is only used on openwheelers. Touring cars and GT's use the classic way of setting up a car (negative on the front, postive on the back)

At least that is how the engineer of an International Formula Master team explained it to me a few years ago :)

Me too but in this game negative toe is then something different than I am used to. For me negative values are toe-in and positive values are toe out.

But reading Niels' comment a negative value in GSC means toe out.

I also have read contradictory information about toe on different setup guides, i guess its easy to get confuse with negative and positive toe
But in every sim i tried I think I always see negative front wheel toe and positive rear wheel toe.

From MaiDireSetup (its for NKP but a great and clear source of info about setups imo)

www.scribd.com/doc/49703556/MaiDireSetup-Ver-1-1-2-English
Toe is the angle between the longitudinal axis of the vehicle and the central axis of the wheel. We have negative toe (toe-out) when the convergence is open (the front part of the tire is pointing towards the outside of the car) and positive toe (toe-in) when it is closed (the front of the tire is pointing towards the inside of the car).

Other sources (not sim related)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=4
Toe is expressed in either degrees or fractions-of-an-inch, and an axle is said to have positive toe-in when imaginary lines running through the centerlines of the tires intersect in front of the vehicle and have negative toe-out when they diverge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toe_(automotive)
Positive toe, or toe in, is the front of the wheel pointing in towards the centreline of the vehicle. Negative toe, or toe out, is the front of the wheel pointing away from the centreline of the vehicle.

I found an error with the F3 which causes my F3 Championship to crash. The Rieza driver 01 and 04 have the same number (7) in the VEH file. This was causing a crash. I changed driver 01 to number 71 and it has solved the crash.This may be causing other F3 related problems
Also posted in the bug section

So, i've been having a little problem with this DLC.
It seems when i touch another car, they're not just simply crashing, they're getting inside each other, for example on a side to side crash.
Anyone also having this problem or knows how to fix it?
If i recall it is also happening with the Formula Reiza DLC, but everything seems ok (PERFECT!) with the regular stock car.
Thanks.

• Deleted member 130869

So, i've been having a little problem with this DLC.
It seems when i touch another car, they're not just simply crashing, they're getting inside each other, for example on a side to side crash.
Anyone also having this problem or knows how to fix it?
If i recall it is also happening with the Formula Reiza DLC, but everything seems ok (PERFECT!) with the regular stock car.
Thanks.

Oi xará, does that happen online or in single player? I know that in rFactor such thing happens with open wheelers as an engine limitation (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken), and since the game is made on that same engine, it could be that.

Is it overlapping by a lot, or just the tires themselves, no suspension etc?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back