Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

I voted for the Formula Reiza because it is in my opinion the easiest to control Formula car on the list (Also it produced one of my closest simracing battles with @Yuri who I hope will vote here aswell *ahem*, so I don't know about that latency stuff, seemed to work pretty well that time). Also, about Classics and Retros... people who don't use H shifters I think get an advantage over those who do, seeing as they can shift mid corner much easier, that was my observation on Paul Ricard with the classics anyway... But aside from that, I don't really think a league with the classics is a good Idea. Those cars spin around real fast, and if we get people who havent practiced enough (as we usually do) there will surely be tons of incidents and collateral damage, whereas with the Formula Reizas (in my opinion) you're more likely to get away with it. Of course that doesn't mean that the Reizas don't require practice, by any stretch of the imagination.
Final note: bare in mind if we go for a fast car the penalties for unsafe driving (which includes not being stable enough to race, or spinning on the start) HAVE to be harsher. There's not a lot of room for error with these cars.

Well so far the results are pretty close (apart from the V12s) so I think I'm seeing that people just want to race open wheelers, no matter which one :)

Personally I find the Classics much easier to drive than the Reizas, I don't really spin out as much as compared to the Reiza's but that's just me. Whatever car we choose, IF we choose, there'd be a proper penalty system in place don't worry.

Reizas would be awesome, but formula 3 would too. The reizas are more injury prone but it is a league so you can expect people to put some efford into it. I voted for the F3 but it's a toss up between the 2.

We had a nice little crowd and even a "Pro" to show us the way to drive these cars! It was Carlos' evening for sure as not only did he have the pace but he could keep his car on track!

I can't tell if there are any differences between the older Opala's and these but they are fun to drive and driving this circuit for the first time, I can see we'll be coming back to this track!

@Matej Lakota this is a rough estimate; I did 10 laps running about 2.10 litres per lap; I estimate 59/60 laps in the race so 2.10 Litres x 60 laps = 126 litres minimum for the race. Of course, other people don't have the same racing style as me, so this should just be a guide, and the first lap will be slower so will use less fuel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline