Track: Newbury 2006 layout
Weather: Dry
Damage: 40%

Practice start time: 19:00 GMT
Qualification start time: 19:15 GMT
Race start time: 19:30 GMT
Race distance: 2 x 20 laps

Rolling start
Once the light goes green, the leader gradually speeds up to around 160 km/h (not too fast, not too slow), and drives in this pace towards the last corner. All other cars follow in one line with the same speed. No brake test, no swaying. If you spin your car you drop back to last position and start from there. When exiting the last corner the leader can go full throttle, and the rest of the pack follows. No overtaking before the start/finish line.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
F2000 skin pack: Download, extract to your nkpro folder

[signuplist]336[/signuplist]

Welcome Evan, hope you enjoy it.

Someone asked for general hints and tips two weeks ago, so here's a copy/paste of some random things that came to mind.

Some of the basic stuff I can think of, in no particular order:
  • you have to change the tires manually
  • you have to fill the car up with gas manually. You get a warning if you don't have enough fuel for the race when you get on the grid.
  • you have to start the car manually, easy to forget when placed on the grid
  • you get placed on the grid automatically when qualifying is over, and the race session starts. Not going AFK would be good :D
  • when you're on the grid, and the timer is ticking down, you can go back to the pits, and change tires, add fuel, work on the setup, and get back on the grid in time
  • the game's netcode is not that great, so extra caution is advised, especially when getting off the line, and in turn 1
  • if you get any damage, you can try to drive to the pits to repair it, or you can escape and click on go to pits. Hitting Escape and going into pits will lose you a lap, so it's better to drive if you can.
  • repairing the car, filling it up with fuel, changing the tires, everything is done as fast as you can click on the appropriate button (except in Full Mode, but we don't use it)

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope something is useful.

Although, tires, fuel and engine start is apparently done automatically by default in newer versions.

lol you did a 53.9 and that is quick.
I've done a few races already and a low 54 will get you in the top 6 usually. That is also the average race pace, but the fastest guys are doing low 52s and races in the 53-54 range. I'd say a good aero balance and softish springs for the major bumps are key to staying out of the walls. I've tried low wings - 12/8 and high 20+ and the only difference apart from balance is the low wing setup revs faster but the top speed is about the same (206kph ish).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%