rF2 Formula 2 @ Silverstone - Sunday 16th July 2017

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys, is it normal that the default tire pressure is way too high? I'm having some problems with the tire temperature...i've always heard "10 degrees between in and out temp" but i'm seeing way higher temps...should i change the camber? How do i know what is the ideal tire temp? The tire temp app seems to have some problems with the colours.

Is a ping of over 400 to the server manageable even ? I know it's from EU to AU, but still this seems rather high. For me it's the fifth-highest ping to a server in the entire launcher, consisting of over 400 servers.

Is a ping of over 400 to the server manageable even ? I know it's from EU to AU, but still this seems rather high. For me it's the fifth-highest ping to a server in the entire launcher, consisting of over 400 servers.
A constant ping is the most important: when my internet is in a good day, I have a 400 ping to this server and can race easily with those guys. So yes, you should be good. The server is up so you can test by yourself.
(Also sometimes my internet gets dizzy, and I can't even race in the EU server... But that's an another story!)

Guys, is it normal that the default tire pressure is way too high? I'm having some problems with the tire temperature...i've always heard "10 degrees between in and out temp" but i'm seeing way higher temps...should i change the camber? How do i know what is the ideal tire temp? The tire temp app seems to have some problems with the colours.

Yeah they seem a little too high definitely, unfortunately minimum is 9 so I've dropped down to that, it's working reasonably well, and yeah known issue with dx11 colours for temp are reversed, surprised it's one they haven't fixed yet, sure a fix will come though

Reactions: BhZ
You will be all good, I'm regularly racing in EU servers so my ping is over 400, and it works fine, occasional there might be a slightly less smooth I guess you could say movement from another car but overall it's fine.

Looks like you found it Matt, just a quick note your name showed up on the server as BhZ.

If you're using dx11 unfortunately track map and delta won't work, a nice simple one is wedge HUD which is just an updated version of the standard huds in game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631378778

I've also been working on utilising SIM hub as an overlay with really good success

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/

This is an example of one of my recent version (constantly adding to it)

simhub_zpsjytui50h.jpg

Happy to share this with anyone, you'll just need to make a donation (of any amount) to simhub to unlock the full version
Share it up please

Woohoo. I thought I was going to have to withdraw, thinking the race was Saturday night and Ash let me know it's a Sunday race. :D
Should have read the op properly I guess. :confused:
I think they sometimes have trouble with the spelling of Saturday and Sunday :confused:, I also think they do it to us on purpose :O_o:

ok, sign me up please Chris, can we have the race start on time so we won't miss the F1 race?:)
Yes, I've adjusted the practice and qualifying duration to account for the warmup time, and change of session delay, so there's plenty of time before the GP.
Practice will be 20 minutes.
Qualifying 10 minutes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%