rF2 Formula 2 (+ Setup) @ Red Bull Ring - Mon 23rd January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Ed, I will come om tomorrow but rF2 is being really flaky with this track. Most times when loading in VR it crashes. Other tracks are fine with the car, just seems that once it loads the track it bails....
Well I hope it's fine tonight, but if it causes you issues then thanks for the warning :thumbsup:

@Jimlaad43 : thanks for the tag.
Here's an invite to anyone who may be interested?
@Roy Magnes @Herlev @SimApprentice21 @Colin Peach @Ronny van Rooij @Hartmut2 @ThreeLionz @Stammeleer @Steve Le Gallez @burtydog @Denis Betty @groy1980 @Michel vL @Ingemar Petersson @joecronk @Rich Green @Raf Nix @Monkey T. @Jasje @Stephen Gibb @xoSx.Racing @PurgerUK @Luca Ciarfella @Cosimo @Dean Maković @Kamran Khan @CaptainLykaios @Redvaliant @Yves Larose

If you receive this tag, but don't want to race this combo, can you please rate this post with the following criteria so I can work out future combos.

Like: You will be busy, or have signed up to too many other races this week and need a night off
Love: You don't like the F2 cars
Haha: You don't like Red Bull Ring
Wow: You don't like the longer race and tyre strategy aspect
Sad: You won't have time to practice and don't want to be uncompetitive
Angry: Other reasons
There are some very interesting combos to try out. On monday i just dont have time (Playing football with friends)

Have a nice race!

Cheers for hosting Edward, and many thanks for the setup, that helped leaps and bounds! :)

Thanks to Edwards setup, I could focus on driving and stradegy. In practice I tried both the SS and S tires and found the wear equal'ish while the SS was slightly quicker and more stable without any sliding really, so that tire was chosen as the primary tire to start the race on.
I qualified 5th (tbh, I have no idea how you guys were doing 14's) with what I thought was a decent lap, but given the nature of the track and DRS, I wasnt too worried, I knew I had a decent setup (slightly altered from Ed's default), a good stradegy and a good understanding of how to preserve the tires.
Got a good start because Stefan(?) didnt move and that messed up others behind, so before we hit T1, I was 2nd. That made life a bit easier and once I made sure 3rd didnt get past up towards T3, I set my sight on 1st. Made a move into T4 with the help of DRS and after Edward and Steve made mistakes, I switched to tire management which basically was the main goal for the rest of the race.
Tbh, the S tire is terrible lol. I extra-managed it for stint 2, and despite still having over 50% left after 20 laps or so, they was even more terrible than the SS on 30%. Not sure its worth doing 1 stoppers on more tire eating tracks, but now I know which tire works the best.

Last edited:
Well, that was intense!
I was hoping for an epic battle with Jan and Steve, with 2 of us on the alternate strategy it could have been an epic one, but Me and Steve both spun off at the same time on about lap 5 and tore up our tyres. After that, Steve and I kept on holding each other up with spins until we just bailed and accepted a 2-stop strategy for SuperSofts. Had some great pace on the Supers and closed up. Had to give a place back to Denis after literally rear-ending him and carried on. Sorry @David Steinacher for the incident later. You went a bit wide and I went for a cutback, realised I was drifting wide and checked up to avoid squeezing you off, but I think it scared you off anyway.

I caught and passed Malc, but pitted for the sake of it to go for Fastest Lap and almost caught Steve, but not quite by enough.

Great fun had though, I really enjoy this car. F1 1979 next week!

I had very high hopes in this one as it's one of my favourite tracks (also the car is great). P4 in quali was decent but was punched up behind P2 at the start :mad: (but no hard feelings). From there on I tried to recover which was alright until a spin on the softs completely ruined them and my strategy. :(

Sorry @David Steinacher for the incident later. You went a bit wide and I went for a cutback, realised I was drifting wide and checked up to avoid squeezing you off, but I think it scared you off anyway.

No worries Edward, I gave you room and just lost it on the sausage kerb.

Also my faster lat attempt was so badly planned as I had traffic in the last two laps.

Thanks for hosting, loving these cars and races with strategy :inlove:

My strategy was simple...get on the server, have fun and get to know the car.
Qualy lap was better than I'd hoped but still way off. Mind you I avoided the start line carnage.:confused:

Settled in drove my pace and somehow didn't make any real mistakes... still not fast.:unsure:

Ed, thanks for 2nd but I had 3rd covered and was more than happy with that.;)

I have to mention, this was my first real run using my new DD wheel, massively impressed with the detail. The black hands from the cheap'ass alcantara wasn't the best.:)

Thanks for organising, I would like to do more of these Monday night events but it isn't always the best day for me. Hope to be back soon and thanks to all for taking part.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sorry, I fell a sleep yesterday and didn't even sleep well so I woke up feeling like shite because I missed the race and I slept like shite.:(

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing