rF2 Formula 2 @ Mid Ohio - Sunday November 18th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Only one request for the server. Can we have a formation lap to put tyres and brakes on temperatures? As well as the change of track temperature?

My personal experience with formation laps is that the time you stand still again for the start the temps are almost down to the temps you started the formation lap with, also the people who bump into eachother during the formation lap....
Ithink a standing start is more save, but if everyone disagrees... I can put in the formation lap..

For club races I keep 1 constant track temperature as the races normally only take 30 minutes. In the RDWES races I organise, I always change track temps during the session and also wind/humidity and weather settings.... I have avoided rain till now as most peeps crash out of the race or just quit due to rainy conditions.

I had some public races with Formation Laps. There people are just mad and race and crash all the time. Sometimes I think these people don't have the right to own a racing game :D But in Club races I think it would be nice. When P1 drives slow you don't have to wait for a long time and especially with the F2 you can do some burnouts before the grid slots. Warming up the tyres in one lap is still a big ask at the moment in rFactor, but I also love the realistic part of having a formation lap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back