rF2 Formula 2 @ Istanbul Park - Mon 14 November 2022 *Setup Included*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
F2 2022.jpg

Single-Seaters can be some of the most tricky cars to get into the sweet spot. What gear ratios, wing levels, camber, springs, damper settings etc? These can all be daunting, and even the more experienced simracer might not know what to tweak it to. With this race (and every Single-Seater Monday event), I will make sure that everybody who joins the server on the evening gets a setup which has solved all the issues you will experience on the track. Struggling with Understeer? Slow on the straights? It will all be solved, meaning you can just focus on learning the car and track to get faster.

Formula 2 and one of the most exciting race tracks Formula 1 has visited? Ooh this is going to be a treat! Turn 8 will be a major challenge, while the potential for excellent racing through the final corners can only whet your appetite!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OWS
Car(s):
  • Formula 2 2022 - [STEAM]
Track: Istanbul Park - [STEAM]
Layout: Istanbul Park GP
Track Temperature: 21°C
Fixed Setups: No (Setup Attached to this post)
Start Type: Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: 13:00
Weather: (Forecast)
ABS/TC: Factory
1667927432622.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 14th November 2022
Practice: 19:00 GMT (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:30 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 20:35 GMT (30 Laps)

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your photoshop (or google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.
  • Please note a new password has been added, make note that this has changed. If you are not in the Private Conversation that gives access to the password, please tag me and I can add you to it.
DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. Jan Larsen
  3. rockracer
  4. Kamran Khan
  5. Cosimo
  6. Ingemar Petersson
  7. Michael Rudolf*
  8. Steve Le Gallez
  9. ThreeLionz
  10. akephoe
  11. Paul_V
  12. David Steinacher
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. $8 Verified Blue Tick spot
SERVER IS UP

Attachments

• y f2.svm
    5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I tried the F2 open wheeler today, first time in years that i drove one. It felt good, but i was lost in setup and so slow. Will see if i turn some more laps tomorrow. And, the race clashes with the acc monday race. Will see how i will dicide.

I tried the F2 open wheeler today, first time in years that i drove one. It felt good, but i was lost in setup and so slow. Will see if i turn some more laps tomorrow. And, the race clashes with the acc monday race. Will see how i will dicide.
I have included a setup in the first post, download that and it will be much MUCH better to drive.

IN please!

Thank you for the setup, that helped alot.

Some questions:
I used the hard and a full tank to manage 1:45, is this far a away?
What tyres are recommended as race tyres?
Has this mod a secret interms of wrong settings to blow up the engine?

IN please!

Thank you for the setup, that helped alot.

Some questions:
I used the hard and a full tank to manage 1:45, is this far a away?
What tyres are recommended as race tyres?
Has this mod a secret interms of wrong settings to blow up the engine?
I used low fuel and Super-Softs and went faster than that, but explicit discussions of laptimes aren't really allowed in these threads, so I'll keep cryptic on that.

I haven't done my testing on tyres yet. I reckon Hards should do the race without a pitstop, while the Softs will be faster but require pitstops. I haven't required any stops or tyre choices so strategy is down to yourself. I will be doing lots of laps in the hour before to work out tyre wear, so I can answer that later.

I haven't blown the engine yet, so I don't know what you did to do that.

I didn't blow the engine, but i know some mods where you can do it with wrong settings. Just a question from not knowing this mod.
Not my intention to talk about laptimes, just that i had no clue what to expect, sorry for that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%