rF2 Formula 2 @ Croft - Sunday December 2nd 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Noooooooooooo, wheel stopped working after 7-8 minutes. Quit out and it was back and responding. :(

Made my way up to third after starting on 11th only to be let down by the hardware. :mad:

thanks for race lads , me thinks i need more practice with these beasty cars.In race i was travelling okay until second lap when someone was doing a double flip with 3 pikes , and landed right on my head lol score of 10 ,went back to the pits damage repair took 102 seconds omg ,. then proceeded to race again but ended up in some paddock after going through a gap , gameover all good fun cheers stefan

Thanks for the great race guys.

Axel, sorry man, it could have been lots better... I misjudged your cornering speed there and I had nowhere to go :( Too greedy I'm afraid...

Anyway, guys at the front were unbelievably fast anyway so I think I couldn't have kept that second place anyway, but still. Starting on the front row in your second RD online race, kinda gets you greedy I suppose..

Puh that was a killer race for me. I was a bit late and then didn't get the mod to work and didn't see the link here. I joined with 1 min in qualy left so no time for a lap, but I still went out and did race fuel run in warm up.

I started last and was a bit patient in the first 3 corners and was on the grass after the "tyre chicane". I pulled of some moves and I think there was a crash somewhere. After 2 laps I was in 3rd and 2nd was about 5 or 6 seconds ahead and I was catching Matt Horst by about 1 second a lap. We had a nice battle and some side by side racing very hard and very clean. Then 1st was also 5 or 7 seconds ahead and I was really pushing. Finally caught up to 1st and he had a slow spun in turn 3 and was about to hit me. I got on the grass and hit a small tyre, but no real damage.

I was a bit scared, because people said in the chat, that the tyres will go off. I just kept pushing and did the fastest lap on the last lap 1.08,5.

Big sorry for Alex and some front runners, but for me it was just a really superb race and the first time I really felt comfortable in the F2. I was able to put on extremly consistent laptimes. Puh now I really should stop talking, but had just a bit too much adrenalin :D

Yeah I tried to keep you behind me Frederic Schornstein but well...when we were approaching turn 1 side by side I didn't see any point in risking a collision. You were too quick anyway. :)

That's what your car looked like in spectator mode when you hit the tyres.

Webber.jpg

Drivers' face may differ.

Super fun race today.Qualified fourth which i was very happy with after some great hot lapping in practice by several guys.Got a decent start,maybe lost 1 or 2 position's witch i soon took back.Most important it was a clean start.Great job by everybody to start of so nicely in such a tight turn 1.After only a couple of laps or so there was a indecent in the last turn and i found myself in second place.Soon out of nowhere i see Frederic closing on me fast.I was determined to make him earn the position and fight as best i could.We had a great little battle for a couple laps.I gave up the position when i went wide in the middle section but held on to the car and settled in a few seconds behind Frederic.He soon caught the leader and took over the lead.After a couple of mistakes including a spin my focus became just holding pace and at least getting on the podium.In the last lap i managed to close the gap on the second place car and we crossed the line with about a car and a half difference.Never thought i would pull of a podium in these little monsters so very happy with my third place result.

Indeed, the start was pretty nice. I had a good start and was up to 7th just before turn 1 and managed to avoid a white'ish car left of me. I'm not sure, have to check the replay, but I think there was a third car as well and we went through turn 1 with 3 cars aside each other without making contact. :thumbsup:

I made a small video showing some of the action, including the start. :)

[medio]868[/medio]

First two laps onboard - 0:10
Vs. Frederic onboard - 2:40
First turns TV style - 3:17
Lap 2 incident onboard - 3:45
Lap 2 incident TV style - 4:11

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back