Formula 1800 @ Brands hatch wednesday December 29th 2010

with the "insert video" button (old video tape icon) at the top of the reply window :D
Thanks matey

Very nice, Lee! It even looks as if you can improve quite alot by hitting some apexes and going a little wider before some corners. now I need to evaluate what I'm doing wrong.
As i said earlier mate, i only started practise this morning so still finding the right lines and braking points.

Just out of curiousity Lee, what is your wheel settings when you drive this car? 400 degrees?
540 mate

Don't worry, Tomas. I'll be behind you all the way! I tried Lee's setup, and it's way too hot for me. And the best I've managed with the default setup is 1:42. I'm sure it's my lack of skills and not the setup. I'll keep practicing, and I plan to race, if only for the experience, and so as to ensure that others finish ahead of last!

Nice! I think being able to control that setup gives you a huge advantage. It is not possible for me to compete in this competition.

I will give it another try tomorrow and see if some sleep can help ;)

Nice! I think being able to control that setup gives you a huge advantage. It is not possible for me to compete in this competition.

I will give it another try tomorrow and see if some sleep can help ;)
I'm not sure it gives me an advantage as to me it feels planted and i'm really not struggling to control it. Try drop[ping the brake bias more to the rear and drop the brake pressure if that's what your struggling with. As i said earlier i am using some modified pedals which help with not locking up as there is alot more feel in the brake so i can slam it down initailly and slowly come off if that makes sense, where as the standard pedals your brakes are either on or off.

The trick i find with the F1800 is to be soft on the brakes and almost engine brake more using the gears. Maybe your going down the gears too quick which is making the rear unstable and introducing oversteer?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%