Formula 1 Videos Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That New Jersey track when it gets done looks to be an exciting circuit. I can already tell where the two DRS zones are going to be placed.

I always enjoy watching racing on street circuits, because it's always a challenge for drivers to avoid barriers.

The track itself kind of reminds me of a street circuit style layout of Spa Francorchamps, with the layout of the track, the high speed sections and the elevation changes.

Based on that video of the New Jersey layout, I cannot see it happening.
I see way too many safety obstacles to overcome... as well as no way for Bernie and company to 'police' the viewing audience for maximum revenue generation..

If I were in the same shoes I'd do the same thing, just overtaking him infront of the DRS zone is only going to waste you more time.

I bet we all would but its saddly to see such things, this is no longer racing either pushing the limits but tactis and more of clever racing than man with balls ... each thing has its own positive and negative, overall i think this DRS is ****ed up, or they find a way around it so both can benefit from it not only the one who is overtaking, as Kimi said overtaking these days is nothing but pressing a button and u are gone passed

I don't particullary like the fact, but theres not much we can do about it.

I'd like to see the FIA trial the DRS on a system where each driver has only a limited amount of uses of the DRS over a race period, and each driver can choose how they go about using it, so you can equally attack and defend with it.

Reactions: Dux
I use to see upon things with relativity, like for example, calculating drivers from different eras with saying "they were winning in curcuimstances equal to everyone in the time" So having said that we must put everyone in one basket cause everyone won against someone in time when they all had equal stuffs, in terms of technology etc.

So, now when it comes to this DRS, someone has it someone is not fortunate to be ahead etc, i would say "then be ahead and dont let others catch you" so its not maybe some bad thing with this DRS after all but its just so much unfair with the car behind using it and the one in front not, there is no hard racing like in the time of Hakkinen and Schumacher and times even before, F1 would got much more on dramas etc and would be much more spectacular and we would for sure saw more coalisions between top drivers, arguments etc. If they have DRS either they limit it like u say Ketnix or they make it for both drivers available, my opinion i might be wrong however :/
From the video we see there is no racing :/ thats very bad

I don't want to be the party pooper but this thread should mainly be about posting videos. If you want to discuss a specific track, driver etc. please do so in the related thread or make a new thread, shouldn't there be one already. :)

Tom

Reactions: Dux
I don't want to be the party pooper but this thread should mainly be about posting videos. If you want to discuss a specific track, driver etc. please do so in the related thread or make a new thread, shouldn't there be one already. :)

Tom

absolutely right, i apologize :D

I find this one amazing either...how obvious ... unbelievable

I don't know, probably was when the great Schumacher, who had smashed his car up like an idiot decided to wreck Hill to win the championship... Yeah. I think it's 2 our of 3 for Hill if that doesn't happen.

If Schumacher didn't get banned for 2 races because of stupid Flavio telling him not to do his stop-go, he would've won the championship with a race to spare.

You know as well as me that motor racing isn't won on ifs or but's ;)

PS: Many people will disagree with you that he did it intentionally - there's just no proof of that. I only see an anxious and over-zealous Damon Hill going for a gap that didn't even nearly exist, and Schumacher taking the racing like. Jerez 1997 was blatant, I agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%