Formula 1 team uses Racer to simulate reality

Racer, available for download online is a free software originally released in August 2000 and began as a personal project of Ruud van Gaal. Now chief technology officer at Cruden, van Gaal has always actively encouraged community participation and has amassed a wealth of technical knowledge that he makes accessible to anyone. This week an interesting article was posted at RaceCar Engineering about F1 simulators.

Apparently, Racer is used for some F1 simulators, pretty cool! Read the article here and if you are just as enthusiastic about as we are then click here to join the free Racer community!

Don't forgot to follow the author Martin Galpin on Twitter as he has more nice articles to come, @66laps
Cruden_F1_tub_09.jpg

Interesting article in the magazine. Did I detect a dig at iRacing with the "little more than hype" comment? The laser scanning info is interesting too but since they don't use it for bumps I can only assume its quite low point density scanning. Also confirms what I've read elsewhere about rig tyre testing.

The guys at Cruden are really on the right track with this project! How cool is it too say that you as community member could actually help with feedback on the 10 year beta (lol) to develop a F1 simulator :). Great article!

Hmm, but which team is it in F1? Maybe we need to send the RD-Spy to Spa to check it out in the paddock :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back