AC Formula 1 @ Silverstone - Free Practice 2 + Open Drivers Briefing - Sat 04.10.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
fp2_silverstone.jpg

"Free Practice 2"

Server: #2
Max servers: 1
Max number of participants: 20 (excluding instructor)
Cars: FC1 2014 season - Brackley GP, Enstone GP, Scuderia Maranello
Cars download: click here
Track:
Silverstone

Booking: 15:00 GMT
Drivers Briefing + Q&A: 16:00 GMT
Practice: 16:30 GMT
Debrief: 17:30 GMT
Estimated end of event: 17:45 GMT

Participation requires a license: click here
Racing Club rules and License info: click here
Teamspeak password:
click here
Teamspeak installation guide: click here

Notes

This event
  • Teamspeak is mandatory during this event - headphones/speakers + mic.
  • Different event type than usual.
  • Attendance is voluntary but recommended at this Free Practice session or Free Practice 1.
  • Only one participation in either FP1 or FP2 is necessary, the contents are the same.
  • Featured drivers briefing.
  • More interactive event than usual.
  • Time of day will be set at 14:00h.
  • Disabled grip dynamics.
  • Penalties will be enabled during this event.
  • Tyre wear will be set to 40% /// subject to change
  • Max number of participants limited due to performance concerns.
  • Performance warning: 2 out of 3 cars don't have extra LODs and will cause more GPU load than usual.
  • Performance warning: racing with AI will cause exceptional high CPU load.
  • Visit the 24/7 server to test this combination.
Open Drivers briefing
  • This meeting is open to every licensed member - join us on ts.
  • Interactivity and dialog between attendees.
  • Racing line theory.
  • Analysis of track and overtaking opportunities.
  • Information on wing values for our F1 cars.
  • Reiteration of safe driving.
  • Question & Answer session.
  • Practice session: driving and race start practice.
  • Debrief and sharing of lession learned.
In general
  • Server will be up, close to or at 15:00 GMT.
  • Booking starts at 15:00 GMT.
  • Sign out before 14:30 GMT, if you don't know for certain you can participate in this event or can't book in time.
  • Passwords are sent via private message before or at 15:00 GMT.
  • Mechanical damage set to 0%.
  • Fuel consumption set to 100%.
  • Make a new post for a better overview, if you do need to sign out.
  • To ensure a level playing field, set the ambient temperature to the default 26°C - example.
  • Check & load up your Race-setup after Qualifying.
  • For custom car liveries click here.
  • For car setups click here.
  • If anything goes wrong with the server, please leave here a message immediately.
  • Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience - this is not a league race. It's not about the results, it is meant to be fun.
  • Priority access: if the number of sign-ups exceeds the max number of participants, premium members are going to be given priority access for this event.
  • If you haven't already: buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for € 29,99.
Entry list
  1. Georg Siebert (instructor)
  2. Catalin Sasu
  3. Tomi Manninen
  4. Mustafa N. Erden
  5. Geoffroy Tassenoy
  6. Emil Praga
  7. Fernando Deutsch
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
UTP: 23

Last edited:
To ease up the sign up process, I've changed the attendance requirement into 'voluntary, but recommended'.
Drivers briefings are meant to inform and to raise the level of driving among our participants, not to limit access to our events and to introduce tension into our Racing Club.

If you could do this with the Exos S1 next week I would be happy :)
The F1 car will be featured for the next few weeks - however, many aspects of racing and setup that are discussed during the Drivers Briefing are valid for Formula cars in general or even for all car types.
The Briefing is open anyway, just join and listen in.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Are there any setups for this compo? I could not find any.

It is taking time for me to feel the car and the setup changes.
Setups are linked in the Notes of the Race Event thread.

Last edited:
The F1 car will be featured for the next few weeks - however, many aspects of racing and setup that are discussed during the Drivers Briefing are valid for Formula cars in general or even for all car types.
The Briefing is open anyway, just join and listen in.
Its not that I want to listen to the briefing, I just want to practice/race/have fun whilst driving.

I don't feel like driving the mod, despite the cars still being beasts, for two reasons.
1) The mod is not finished. Just when you get used to it some slight changes have been made and you have to start getting used to it all over again.
2) F1 2014 cars are not what they used to be, for me it misses the feel of F1, the sound that I literally grew up with. This feel is still in the Exos S1, which is why I proposed a weekend with a different car.

The whole idea of a multi-day event is great and should be kept and maybe could even be improved in some way. However I do feel the need (personally) to have these events with different cars and carsets. Maybe even GT3, Zonda's, Abarths or something easier to drive than the F1 cars for bigger attendance.

The problem in my case is that these multi-day events take an entire weekend, in which I cannot participate in club races due to these F1's being the only event in my timezone... (And this monday with URD I can't race, not even mentioning no races at tuesday wednesday and friday)
It would be great for me, but also the other drivers having trouble with F1 (or generally disliking Openwheelers) etc. to have weekends with different car(set)s

Don't take this as a personal attack, you are doing a great job, but I feel there has to be a minor change in the program and not just doing the Exos but doing all cars in general. Or more events (weekdays), or each weekend a different carset for these multi-day events.

Its not that I want to listen to the briefing, I just want to practice/race/have fun whilst driving.

I don't feel like driving the mod, despite the cars still being beasts, for two reasons.
1) The mod is not finished. Just when you get used to it some slight changes have been made and you have to start getting used to it all over again.
2) F1 2014 cars are not what they used to be, for me it misses the feel of F1, the sound that I literally grew up with. This feel is still in the Exos S1, which is why I proposed a weekend with a different car.

The whole idea of a multi-day event is great and should be kept and maybe could even be improved in some way. However I do feel the need (personally) to have these events with different cars and carsets. Maybe even GT3, Zonda's, Abarths or something easier to drive than the F1 cars for bigger attendance.

The problem in my case is that these multi-day events take an entire weekend, in which I cannot participate in club races due to these F1's being the only event in my timezone... (And this monday with URD I can't race, not even mentioning no races at tuesday wednesday and friday)
It would be great for me, but also the other drivers having trouble with F1 (or generally disliking Openwheelers) etc. to have weekends with different car(set)s

Don't take this as a personal attack, you are doing a great job, but I feel there has to be a minor change in the program and not just doing the Exos but doing all cars in general. Or more events (weekdays), or each weekend a different carset for these multi-day events.
I appreciate your input, Ricardo.
The Exos/S1 and GP2 cars were featured many times in the last two months. These were the events to prepare drivers for the more difficult to drive F1 cars.

The F1 mod is stable at the moment, because the FCm team has disbanded and chargingcar has deleted the 3DS MAX files of them and is currently occupied with the last changes to the GP2 car and his new project, a Radical car (see official forum).

If you don't like to drive these F1 cars, that's fine, but it is your choice. Many other drivers here were looking for to participate in the first F1 events here in the AC Club and from the feedback of the last events and my own schedule for Formula events, we're going to have these in the future. Maybe I interject an Exos event here and there, but this is no promise.

Simon, Frank and Akis also post events for the EU region and I'm confident many Street & GT events will be comming soon.

I appreciate your input, Ricardo.
The Exos/S1 and GP2 cars were featured many times in the last two months. These were the events to prepare drivers for the more difficult to drive F1 cars.

The F1 mod is stable at the moment, because the FCm team has disbanded and chargingcar has deleted the 3DS MAX files of them and is currently occupied with the last changes to the GP2 car and his new project, a Radical car (see official forum).

If you don't like to drive these F1 cars, that's fine, but it is your choice. Many other drivers here were looking for to participate in the first F1 events here in the AC Club and from the feedback of the last events and my own schedule for Formula events, we're going to have these in the future. Maybe I interject an Exos event here and there, but this is no promise.

Simon, Frank and Akis also post events for the EU region and I'm confident many Street & GT events will be comming soon.
I was unaware of the FCm team being disbanded ;) Still leaves one major disappointing point for me.

I only just learned to control myself in an Exos so I passed on those events, expecting regular Exos events coming and myself joining them :p

There is no problem with bi-weekly F1 events from my point of view (or weekly but not multi-day), but putting them every weekend ruins variety in the events and might even kill the hype before it is started.

Looking forward to those EU events from Simon, Frank and Akis then :) Thanks for your quick reply ;)

I was unaware of the FCm team being disbanded ;) Still leaves one major disappointing point for me.

I only just learned to control myself in an Exos so I passed on those events, expecting regular Exos events coming and myself joining them :p

There is no problem with bi-weekly F1 events from my point of view (or weekly but not multi-day), but putting them every weekend ruins variety in the events and might even kill the hype before it is started.

Looking forward to those EU events from Simon, Frank and Akis then :) Thanks for your quick reply ;)
You have to put your time behind the wheel of these FC1 2014 cars, maybe you've been driving GT3 cars for too long. I know these cars haven't been finished yet. But they still IMO and I'm sure other drivers will say they drive great. Unless they are too fast and you are having a hard time controlling them, then you might want to stick to GT3. Seems to me that your setups are not right. But I do know that Silverstone is a very slippery track. I have only been on this track and completed a few laps and it's a track I just don't like on AC. Didn't care much for it on F1 2012 or F1 2013 either.

The short list of drivers is probably because of the track and not because of the cars. If your just getting used to the Lotus EXOS 125 that's great.
There's been more than enough races with the GT3 and other cars. And only a few events with the FC1 2014. It's nice to be moving forwards with faster and IMO better driving cars with the best brake's and the best handling cars in AC. GT3 cars are great cars I love them. FC1 2014 cars are very stable cars!! Put your time in behind the wheel!!, and come race with us. There's been plenty of those races with the GT3 cars. And that everytime you get used to the FC1 2014 cars they update the MOD. This MOD has only changed a few times and its been a while since the last update. So you can get used to this car with no worry's now, because there probably won't be any updates in the near future, unfortunately.
It's funny because for the longest time you would always see a bunch of guys driving the Abarth 500 online. lol Not sure why? Maybe they were just starting out or they thought the rest of the cars are to hard to drive? hmm
But that doesn't mean these car's don't drive good! They are the best car's in AC.
Ricardo don't undo your helmet strap yet! keep drive'n. Give it time!

mod-edit: omission of personal whammies

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you seriously saying that a mod that's not even 50% complete, and is now discontinued, is vastly superior to the official content?
I'm sorry but that's absurd.

Sure, the F1 2014 cars aren't bad to drive in AC, but they're far from stable, or the best car mods to have come from the AC community (see Corvette C6R GTLM, or Shelby Cobra, both with vastly better physics, and modelling).

Also, the Abarth 500 is one of the best cars in AC. People don't drive it because it's easy, it presents it's own little challenges, but they drive it because it generates incredibly close racing, and a huge amount of fun.

You have to put your time behind the wheel of these FC1 2014 cars, maybe you've been driving GT3 cars for too long. I know these cars haven't been finished yet. But they still IMO and I'm sure other drivers will say they drive great. Unless they are too fast and you are having a hard time controlling them, then you might want to stick to GT3 and stay out of the race. Seems to me that your setups are not right. But I do know that Silverstone is a very slippery track. I have only been on this track and completed a few laps and it's a track I just don't like on AC. Didn't care much for it on F1 2012 or F1 2013 either.

The short list of drivers is probably because of the track and not because of the cars. If your just getting used to the Lotus EXOS 125 that's great.
There's been more than enough races with the GT3 and other cars. And only a few events with the FC1 2014. It's nice to be moving forwards with faster and IMO better driving cars with the best brake's and the best handling cars in AC. GT3 cars are great cars I love them. FC1 2014 cars are very stable cars!! Put your time in behind the wheel!!, and come race with the big boys in AC. But don't come in here whining that you just learned to drive the EXOS 125 and you want the GT3 there's been plenty of those races. And that everytime you get used to the FC1 2014 cars they update the MOD then obviously you haven't been trying all that much. This MOD has only changed a few times and its been a while since the last update. So you can get used to this car with no worry's now, because there probably won't be any updates in the near future, unfortunately.
It's funny because for the longest time you would always see a bunch of guys driving the Abarth 500 online. lol Not sure why? Maybe they were just starting out or they thought the rest of the cars are to hard to drive? hmm
But that doesn't mean these car's don't drive good! They are the best car's in AC.
Ricardo don't undo your helmet strap yet! keep drive'n. Give it time!
I have put time in it, and I hated it. Simple.
And the Racing club is not such thing that can 'move forward' to only F1, it still needs variation.
1) A constant stream of beginning drivers need some kind of step up. They should not be forced to do F1 because you have had your practice (while they didn't)
2) Variety. Self-explanatory. Eating french fries 7 times a week kinda takes away the good taste/fun as well.
3) The point that Chris made. 500's can provide good racing as well.
If you love F1 so much, just head straight to F1 '13/'14/'1Whatever. This sim offers more than just an F1 mod and so should this community offer more than that ;)

I run a event every Monday night. Its usually something a little different. this week we have the URD paymod, but we will be back to stock content the week after ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back