Formula 1 returning to Mexico in 2013

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?optio...alendar-for-2013-season&catid=1:f1&Itemid=157

In a surprisingly low key discussion, Formula 1 will be returning to Mexico for 2013 and will likely race at Hermanos Rodriguez. However, Charlie Whiting has stated that the final oval turn is not up to safety regulations and need to be completely re-designed to suit the new F1 cars.

This also poses good news for IndyCar who has stated intentions of returning to Hermanos Rodriguez as well but also cited a lack of modern safety upgrades to make the circuit a viable option. F1 facilitating a redesign of the circuit will prove it's compatibility for both F1 and IndyCar cars to come.

Why. Just why.
Sergio Perez.

Valencia was because of Alonso, the second German Grand Prix (Grand Prix of Luxembourg) was because of Michael Schumacher, the SanMarino Grand Prix was because of Ferrari. Don't forget the second Japanese Grand Prix at Okayama, the European Grand Prix at Donnington... and and and.

This will mostlikely mean that the French GP is dead, unless Bernie forces everyone to do a 21st race, since I doubt the contracts for Singapour or Japan will be discontinued, and with Nürburgring being in the final year of its contract next year and the local gouvernment not willing to support another one, maybe the signs are set to see a altering Belgium and German GP instead of Belgium and French.

From what I see here the Peraltada (oval-turn) is only used half and they drive trough the baseball stadium?

auto.jpg

It'd make sense to keep the Spanish race in the Barcelona slot and have New Jersey in the Valencia slot, as the teams will already be in North America from the Canadian GP.
I don't see another gap for the Mexico race :s

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years