Formula 1 owner sells stake for £1 billion

CVC Capital Partners, the majority owners of Formula 1, have sold a 20 per cent stake ahead of the sports Singapore stock market flotation.
f1logo.jpg

The 20 per cent, which has reduced CVC's shareholding to around 40 per cent, raised £1 billion ($1.6bn), around half of the total £1.9 billion ($3bn) IPO which is set to go ahead within the next few weeks.
Reuters reports that BlackRock, an American multinational investment corporation and currently the world's largest asset manager, is amongst the three buyers, with Waddell & Reed and Norges Bank Investment Management the other two.

The deal puts the total value of F1 at around £5.8 billion ($9.1bn).

source

"Norges Bank Investment Management"
That is what we in Norway calls "oljefondet". Which is where the money Norway earns from the oil production ends up. Those money gets invested in many parts of the world, to try to get even more money out of it.

That is what we in Norway calls "oljefondet". Which is where the money Norway earns from the oil production ends up. Those money gets invested in many parts of the world, to try to get even more money out of it.
Didn´t Sweden (my country) turn down an offer from Norway to be involved with it?
I think it was something along those lines..

That better than what our government does. We spent all our billions on pumping Euro's to Greece :(

I hope those American investors can work to market Formula 1 here in the states. Even though Formula 1 has managed to trend on twitter in America, I don't think it has an established market yet. I hope those investors, instead of having it as a little toy, can build it up in the US.
Possibly even find sponsorship or sponsor races themselves. Maybe even back young American drivers.

Like this if you're glad you didn't buy any Facebook stock!

OnTopic: wonder why CVC gave away their control, wouldn't they want to keep 51% share? Or are they broke and need the cash?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back