Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

i can't speak for why you guys weren't contacted, but for whatever it might be worth i know i hadn't heard of pixsim until i saw this amazing mod, & now know it as something to look for...i totally understand feeling disrespected though.

just want to say i sincerely appreciate your guys work, as obviously did the person who converted this, as well as your decision (hopefully) to let this stick around for others to enjoy.

feel truly bummed when feelings get hurt with this stuff.

First off im no expert in this just try to help,
i was turning the wheel to much when driving FWD cars, the mini for example.
i was over-steering the car and it was explained to me that i was loosing traction by doing this this was also having an effect on the FFB my wheel was going light giving me the feeling that the FFB was not good,
We are not claiming that the FFB is perfect, that's we we suggested different setting to get a good feel.
i now have a good feel in my wheel and it compares to how a FWD car works.
as a test i did run the car with RWD to see if it was the combination of steering and driving through the same wheels.
the wheel does go light if traction is lost on the driving wheel.
my knowledge is not the best but i think this was my problem and now i seem to of corrected it or made it feel better.

540 Deg and 18deg lock in the garage is a good base to work from i run 900 and find i need about 24 deg lock.
Further more Reiza stock content is very good and dont claim that this is as good
Default lock is 14 for a 270 degree wheel (according to Reiza themselves) however Andrew usually turn the lock down to 12 or 13 for the Clios.
i don't have no were means the knowledge or ability to re-produce there kind of work.
This is a mod that has been coveted to GSC from rfactor all we have done is add the RealFeel and RD logos to use in our club races. And for the most it drives better than the original conversion. imo

Hope we can help you get the feel you require from the mod.:)

Last edited:
Hi all, and specially Grincheux, Sorry to be late to this discussion. I'm very sad that this developed this way.
I did try to contact PixSim Team since I've started to work in the conversion, few months ago, through the site www.pixsim.net (sent messages thru the contact link, but now I see that they may never been read, maybe the link is broken?). Also recently tried to sent Grincheux (after discovering that he was part of PixSim in another thread) a PM at nogripracing.com, and when I got no answer after some days I realized that his last visit was several months ago, and began to think that maybe PixSim wasn't active anymore.

I take the sole responsibility for releasing the mod, and the reasons were that I began to think that maybe PixSim wasn't active anymore, and after reasoning as Paul wrote above, I decided to let it go.
I'm truly sorry for this bad decision, I didn't mean to steal or disrespect the very people I'm trying to *give credit* with this Tribute. I don't claim any credit for the work, I am a huge fan of PixSim's work in rF1, and made all efforts to be sure that everything is exactly as it was in the original mod (didn't altered anything - sounds, models, physics, nothing).
The handling of the mod in GSCE is superb, and this can be attested by several reviews.

To sum it all, I am the first in line to take it down if PixSim so desires, including removing the video at youtube. Otherwise, please see this message as a formal asking for permission, since (unfortunately) this was the very first time that we finally "met".

Grincheux, please accept my sincere apologies, and just let us know what is the PixSim verdict. Learning that "no answer" is equivalent to "no" is good enough for me. :)

No matter the end, I'm glad to finally be able to thank you guys personally for your excellent work.

Be safe.
Cheers.

First off im no expert in this just try to help,
i was turning the wheel to much when driving FWD cars, the mini for example.
i was over-steering the car and it was explained to me that i was loosing traction by doing this this was also having an effect on the FFB my wheel was going light giving me the feeling that the FFB was not good,
We are not claiming that the FFB is perfect, that's we we suggested different setting to get a good feel.
i now have a good feel in my wheel and it compares to how a FWD car works.
as a test i did run the car with RWD to see if it was the combination of steering and driving through the same wheels.
the wheel does go light if traction is lost on the driving wheel.
my knowledge is not the best but i think this was my problem and now i seem to of corrected it or made it feel better.

540 Deg and 18deg lock in the garage is a good base to work from i run 900 and find i need about 24 deg lock.
Further more Reiza stock content is very good and dont claim that this is as good
i don't have no were means the knowledge or ability to re-produce there kind of work.
This is a mod that has been coveted to GSC from rfactor all we have done is add the RealFeel and RD logos to use in our club races. And for the most it drives better than the original conversion. imo

Hope we can help you get the feel you require from the mod.:)
Well, it seems that the realfeel is the source of my problems. I don't know why. It just does not feel right.

To get rid of the real feel go into the HDV file and change the line
SteeringFFBMult=0.0
to
SteeringFFBMult=2.0
or any one of the setting below
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=3.0
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=4.5
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=0.0 RealFeel
this will give you a mismatch online if you dont match the d/server HDV settings
but will work offline with no issues
hope this helps :)

To get rid of the real feel go into the HDV file and change the line
SteeringFFBMult=0.0
to
SteeringFFBMult=2.0
or any one of the setting below
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=3.0
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=4.5
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=0.0 RealFeel
this will give you a mismatch online if you dont match the d/server HDV settings
but will work offline with no issues
hope this helps :)
Sadly, no. I only race online. :) But, no worries. Nice mod anyway.

I was speaking to rupe last night about what needed to be done to fix a problem in the new menus, ill see if i can get it sorted and uploaded tomorrow

WOW :thumbsup: awesome, looks and feels unbelievable thanks heaps for your work and sharing... I have a problem with some sounds though in this mod and most recently the clio cars as well and that is that there are no impact sounds, no rumble strips noise, no Tyre squeal etc, engine noise is there just not everything else.

any ideas how i can fix that.??

PS: i would love to see you do the BMW E30 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back