Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Just a quick feedback/observation about the 98T. I don't like it, because the camera view, seat position and fov can't be adjusted so that i can see more of the wheels. It feels weird in an open wheeler to have no wheels in view. If this can be changed, i'd gladly give it another go. The other two are great fun, love the dynamics and difficulty.

Just a quick feedback/observation about the 98T. I don't like it, because the camera view, seat position and fov can't be adjusted so that i can see more of the wheels. It feels weird in an open wheeler to have no wheels in view. If this can be changed, i'd gladly give it another go. The other two are great fun, love the dynamics and difficulty.

I'm not being funny Jan but i suggest you check your control assignments and display settings.

You can adjust the FOV in display menus.

You can adjust your seat position fore/aft/up/down assigning keys/buttons to these functions.

No one else seems to have this issue.

Exhibit A 75 degree FOV
36w75Xa.jpg

Exhibit B 45 degree FOV
6T9y9dh.jpg

Thanks, Paul for the reminder.
Yeah it came to my mind immediately after posting my reply, but i'm able to set up all the other cars/mods right out of the box just by adjusting the seat position fore/aft/up/down and am never required to fiddle with the fov, which i have set at default. Will just have to do that if i want to drive this car i suppose. Not that big of a deal, really.
It's a pitty, though, that this game doesn't allow for saving the seat position and fov for every individual car. I'd like such an option very much.

Hello,
I'm from PIXSIM team. I want to say that we have never been contacted or given our approval for conversions of the Alpine A364 and the two tracks "Charade and Nogaro" .
These conversions are ILLEGAL.
You are therefore requested to remove all download links.

We will follow this very seriously! ....

Hello,
I'm from PIXSIM team. I want to say that we have never been contacted or given our approval for conversions of the Alpine A364 and the two tracks "Charade and Nogaro" .
These conversions are ILLEGAL.
You are therefore requested to remove all download links.

We will follow this very seriously! ....

Hi Grincheux, sorry for any distress caused with regards to this conversion. I know for a fact that the OP has tried to contact you on numerous occasions for a while and has agonised over the release so please don't be too offended.

Can you just explain to me for future reference.

1. As this is a quality conversion (better than most conversions that are swamping the forums) what is the issue with it as long as the convertor does not try to take the credit for the original mod?

2. Is there a copyright notice or copyright issued for this or any other rfactor mods, as they are not payware I am not sure how this works?

Personally if someone converted something I had done even without asking permission I would be delighted to see that people like and enjoy my work. I have not lost any money because of it and if I did not want it to be open to usage, an open download link on the wild west of the internet would be the last place I would release it.

No offense Paul, but it is always unpleasant to see that your work is plundered (because you can really believe me, is really a lot of work ...).
Regarding the conversion, it seems quality is true (and for once more we sity ...), but we would have preferred to be informed and especially check that it corresponds to our standart quality. This is not an ego problem (he's fine, thank you for it).
Okay, we'll leave it there .... anyway, we decided not to download several mods or tracks that we made. '' The attitude of "community" is too disappointing .....
Have fun, this is the main ...

No offense Paul, but it is always unpleasant to see that your work is plundered (because you can really believe me, is really a lot of work ...).
Regarding the conversion, it seems quality is true (and for once more we sity ...), but we would have preferred to be informed and especially check that it corresponds to our standart quality. This is not an ego problem (he's fine, thank you for it).
Okay, we'll leave it there .... anyway, we decided not to download several mods or tracks that we made. '' The attitude of "community" is too disappointing .....
Have fun, this is the main ...

Hey Grincheux thanks for the quick response, I am genuinely interested to hear your point of view. I am sorry Fernando & I offended you with this. I played my part in him releasing it as I thought Fernando had done a great job.

We could not believe the quality of the work you had done it really is one the best out there on rfactor, we both love the old style of racers and also me being a big Renault/Alpine fan (Owned 6 Renaults) it was a dream come true!

Please try to take the release as a massive compliment to your original work.

Please can I confirm you are o.k with this being available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%