rF2 Formula 1 '79 @ Zolder '79 - Sunday 21st of July

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Just wanna say huge thanks for Paul White for setting up his server last minute:thumbsup:

Didn;t do any practice on track and with mod untill sunday evening, got some distraction from the server issues so wasn;t able to learn the track properly.
Still managed to have a fun race untill I got black screens for 3 seconds (it's my HDMI connection, not the game) and i had to forfit. Got into second position after people spon their cars and I could avoid them and managed to do decent times. Luckely damage was 20% otherwise I would have ended my race a few laps earlier.
Do you guys for this type of car next 2x 20 minutes races or do we just need to practice some more?

Well I also like the fact that there are 45 minutes races, not only short races. That way you also give something for people who want to race longer races. So normally for the FISI and the Marussia's I want to keep the longer races, but I can imagine for this car which is harder to control than the modern F1 cars, it could be handy. For the races on tuesday and wednesday they were always around 30 minutes, so those are also more easy to convert to 2x 20 minutes races.

Well, I realised, 10.00 PM is too late for me to race. Because my sports activities, I wake up at 5.00 AM to avoid sun heat and after all day long, I am not focused enough to race as I know or can. In the afternoon, I easily drove a lap 1.18,5xx, during qualy at 9.30 PM I was about a second slower. In race, I just couldn`t concentrate and that`s the reason of my poor drive, otherwise it was fun as usual, fair and fast. Grats podium and all finishers, and cya next time, but only on my day of rest from real life sport :).

edit:
Andrew, there was a contact between us. After good start, maybe I tried to close you too aggressively :( .

Well, I realised, 10.00 PM is too late for me to race. Because my sports activities, I wake up at 5.00 AM to avoid sun heat and after all day long, I am not focused enough to race as I know or can. In the afternoon, I easily drove a lap 1.18,5xx, during qualy at 9.30 PM I was about a second slower. In race, I just couldn`t concentrate and that`s the reason of my poor drive, otherwise it was fun as usual, fair and fast. Grats podium and all finishers, and cya next time, but only on my day of rest from real life sport :).

edit:
Andrew, there was a contact between us. After good start, maybe I tried to close you too aggressively :( .

yes, i was exhausted too. i reckon if i hadn't been, i would have been AT LEAST 3 SECONDS QUICKER:confused:;) lol

by the way, seriously, there was absolutely no contact. your video shows from a different angle.
I have poor upload speed but I will start uploading and get a video up by tomorrow. my video will show no contact from close up. it doesn't make any difference either way as we all spun about 5 times lol however, i just want to show how clean the racing was.

hope to see you on track soon. was fun:thumbsup:

Andrew Ford, there was a contact, I felt it on my steering wheel, but that`s OK, just one small racing accident, nothing else and I can`t wait to race with you again :thumbsup:.

its no problem matej. i am uploading a video which shows closer and from my camera there is no contact. i even move the steering wheel and felt no contact. however, if you did feel contact, there have been many incidents in the past which were due to lag - so perhaps what was on your screen was not on mine and the other way around. anyway, it doesn't matter as i think we both respect each other as clean races right?:):thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back