Formation Laps?

Hi, i was just looking thru my plr file and i found some options for formation/recon laps (if they are not the same thing plz tell me), i am sure i have enabled all the options but the only one that works is the option to delay the opening/closing of the pitlane before the race. Any ideas? Do i have to use a Add-on track to enable it?

• Chris Standring

Seems silly to have taken it out, would be a nice little option, guess it must have been problematic though if they did remove it. Havent noticed it anywhere ingame.

yeah, it was in, but nobody used it.
if I remember correctly the problems were twofold:
the safety car was a joke, there was at least one point on every track where you were liable to hit it because it came to a standstill all of a sudden,figuring out what to do;
the parking was very difficult, too, if I remember correctly you either waited for ages because the AI for waiting for you to hit the exact right spot or you got a stopngo because you overshot by half an inch.
I ran in a German league where we did a rolling start manually with a very exact drivers' briefing before every race and a draconic set of penalties if you messed up. That was perfect, the warm up lap felt very "real" indeed, just like a sim should.

perhaps they could do it so that if your within say 5metres of ur grid slot it would switch to AI to get u lined up like in the pits. dont know how formation laps would work online thow

despite the authenticity part the only thing it offers worth having really is to not have to be perfectly straight in the grid slot. eg for f3000 races at monza say where all you really want to do is get outta the way fast.

• Chris Noble

I dont think that is true.

Having warmed up tires and brakes is very useful also as you know you have the full use of your brakes at the 1st corner!

also you can position your car which I do think has merit.

In rFactor you get a rectangle box that you must place your car in and it does tell you if you are not in the right place, then the lights go on and off you go :) it is a nice thing to have

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%