Formation lap disaster on Fundidora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since i messed up my qual lap i was at the back in the formation lap. And it was a disaster tbh, the pace was way to slow, to many times it bogged down making a chain reaction throughout the field making the guys near back having to do way to many avoiding actions to not crash. .
Sadly it in the last corner my teammate andy was a victime as the guy behind him was to late and knocked his wing off.
Its not the first time we see the formation lap not going well, and its always the same what happens, to slow speed making some stop and causing a chain reaction. Something has to be done here, its frustrating.

It has been this way for quite a while. The guys at the back are having to leave massive gaps because the pack's speed and breaking is FAR to erratic.

I thouyght I was being overly sensitive about this point myself so left it.

Well, not hitting the car infron is always the car behind´s responsability in some way. I will take a look on the replay and I will answer you better and take the needed action for next race.

But anyway, formation lap was not too slow. It was around 85/90 kms/h on the straights and 60/70 kmts/h on the slow corners.
It is really important to take care of the car infront, and always remember that you will catch him again on next corner. There is no need to speed up you car to the dangerous limits.

David i saw speed of 35 km/h on many occassions and full stops. All nice to say its car behind who had the responsability, but if there is standstill it very hard to stop in time, what i do is go the left or right as going full on the brakes the risk of someone ramming in to you is to big. It is a nightmare to drive at the back, because you need foot at the brake and very quick reactions to not hit someone. The driving is just to irratic.

Too many people were doing accel and braking bursts which i thought was banned. Theres no need to warm up tyres as we arnt doing a sprint race. I saw the crash that was mentioned and passed a few cars before the line as i didnt want to come to a full stop so if i get reported for this then i wont be pleased.

yep, it's basically jockeying for position trying to irritate the guy behind or in front that is responsible for this in my view, and - honestly - anything other than the final turn is of no consequence, isn't it? can't be so difficult to go at a steady pace for 9/10 of the lap, can it?

yep, it's basically jockeying for position trying to irritate the guy behind or in front that is responsible for this in my view, and - honestly - anything other than the final turn is of no consequence, isn't it? can't be so difficult to go at a steady pace for 9/10 of the lap, can it?

Could be Eckart, but that shouldn't be alowed, and yes it shouldn't be hard. Keeping abit more distance solves alot. I think some just drive to close and brake in panic which causes a chain reaction. I looked at a few other formation laps and most are a mess like Michael mentions.

IMO I belive it would be better if there was a rule saing that all cars most have a 1 car lenght (or even 2) to the driver infront of them until the 2 last corners on the track. (if it is a long track like Le Mans then the 2 last corners should be decided by the organiers) That wouldn't cause any type of issue's with having to turn left or right to avoid the car infront of you since he is braking earlier then you even expected to. (this is just a suggestion to avoid contact because different drivers have different distances to the driver up ahead.)

OK, please read.

IT SHOULD BE NOT DIFICULT TO FOLLOW A LEADING CAR ON A 80kmt/h GAP FOR JUST ONE LAP. WE WILL NOT APPLY PENALTYS FOR THIS ROUND, BUT IF THERE ARE INCIDENTS ON THE FORMATION LAP IN FUTURE RACES WE SURELY WILL.

PAY ALL THE NEEDED ATTENTION ON THE FORMATION LAP.

Please guys, share it with your drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back