Forest Gump, Desert Ride, Race Forest and Star-T Test Track. CG version

only a little error from Robbie

hi there Raphael,

it seem the shading error only occurs at the first section of Forest Gump track, I have posted some screenies for you to see.

after adjusting my PC monitor's brightness and contrast I am now able to see all the texture as shown but in the first section of the track the texture leaks a bit.
I'm using 1280 x 1024 resolution for these screen shots converted to 800 x 600 to save space
no worries here just though you would like to know ... EnjoYing the tracks immensely
Robbie.

Attachments

• race begins.jpg
    race begins.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 329
  • good after 1st section.jpg
    good after 1st section.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 310
  • driving to start of error.jpg
    driving to start of error.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 284
  • skyhigh with fog_1.jpg
    skyhigh with fog_1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 326
  • oops too fast.jpg
    oops too fast.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 305
good Idea Rapheal, I've got the racer.ini set to the computer clock time now just to tweak all the new effects throughout the day and night

About the non-cg shaders.. they work, but still do not look quite good. Just to let you know I am still working on it/them from time to time.

yeah.. soon. I noticed however, that if I play with TOD it does not look so bad..
mainly because the color-tone set by the time evens out the differences, like
when they use a color filter in movies. Not all tracks look bad though. The main
problem is the lack of sky textures. No sky makes the track look very unfinished,
but when setting a night TOD the sky becomes unimportant.. very interesting
really.. but.. yeah.. I'll post a screenie.. soon :)

I downloaded all four tracks and gave them a try.
Qlog errors all over the place and c-key camera is not working worth a hoot, Please fix them.
Do like your trees, they are quite well done.

Please check your Qlog on any future release. It is a common fault of creators to not do it. Most of the errors are easy to fix but those cameras really are bad. I can dump them out of special.ini and re-do them with tracked.

You do great work Raphael and we would like to see and use more of it.

Please check your Qlog on any future release. It is a common fault of creators to not do it. Most of the errors are easy to fix but those cameras really are bad. I can dump them out of special.ini and re-do them with tracked.

You do great work Raphael and we would like to see and use more of it.

Thanks Boomer =D and thanks for the constructive criticism. That's how people get better.

my experience with Star-T Test Track:
the track really looks good but FPS in the trees section drops drastically for me:D from my experience with it, it works fine if you go round on the oval but if you go to the section with lots and lots of trees it slows down a lot, hope this helps you guys in anyway

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back