rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Well, that was something else :D.
Came home 10 minutes before practice 2, decided i'll hop on and check if i can drive without being a danger to others. I've driven slightly tipsy once or twice before but never decently drunk.
Keeping a proper line was exhausting as hell but seemed mostly possible, although the handling felt somewhat vague :). Decided to do the race thinking i'd probably settle somewhere in the midfield after a few laps and have a calm drive.
I haven't had a single calm corner in the whole race. From start to finish i was glued to Roy's bumper, being able to pressure him but having neither confidence nor pace to make the move. I don't even know who else got into our battles as i had cars all around me and was scared like a deer on a highway to bump somebody.
Towards the end of the race i was battling it out with Ole & Roy, being trapped between them for a few laps and finally getting passed by Ole and finishing in 5th (i think?).
Great stuff, although i'd enjoy it much more sober, not being at 100% of your senses makes such close battles intimidating as hell.
Don't drink & drive, kids.

I'm afraid I have to sign out. Dropped a jar of (gürkentopf, the massive ones) on my right foot, which isn't in the best condition at the moment. Neither is the jar but that's only a small victory.

I'll see you guys some other time. :)

Damn, I have to sign out. I am used to racing at 1:00 pm US time. With the time change and the 8pm start GM time, I totally misjudged the time of the race. It's actually 3pm:( I am going to try and make it sunday, I love this track and with my new wheel, the Historx mod feels brilliant. GLA

AWESOME fun this was!! Love these kind of cars, and apparently more ppl do!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
It's a great sight to watch (and hear!)a grid of ±15 of these beasts take off at the start.

Spent almost the entire race 1 battling with Sven-Arne as we both tried to find a way past Ole, who managed to make his Mustang so wide, and produce such ridiculous amounts of smoke it was impossible to see past him, let alone pass him.:laugh::laugh:
Ole, you make sliding these cars around look so easy I'm jealous:D
It wasn't until the final lap he slid his Stang a bit too wide, and we managed to get past him, but it was a great race until then. I really hope my replay recording has worked this time..

I know I'm gonna regret this in a few hours when I have to get up again, but I just couldn't walk away after race 1 and go to sleep like I planned, this was waaaaay too much fun!

Race 2 in the Stang was a bit less entertaining, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to get to know the car.. Halfway through the race I was in a void with an 8+ sec. gap in front and behind.
I then slightly lost focus and tried some drifting myself until I noticed Jarek closing in at lightning speed, so I got it back together and did some pretty quick laps towards the end, with a few seconds left to spare to secure 5th place..

Grats to the winners and podium finishers, Thanks Jarek for another great event, and Thanks all for racing!:thumbsup:

Almost forgot: I don't know about these smileys in rF chat, but for those who mentioned in chat their rFactor keyboard layout is wrong, you may find a fix HERE

Last edited:
I have to say a big thanks to everyone for making this such a fun event.
Such a nice grid in a week where competition couldn't have been more tough with GSCE updates and AC dlc coming out is highly motivating, gentlemen :thumbsup:.
Races were top notch yesterday, in R2 competition was so tough, i needed half the race to get into 9th position.
I have no idea how Yves squeezes himself through traffic that quickly over & over again :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%