Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

Unusual choice for a racing sim...
Ha, yeah I remember when just started thinking about trying to make model/mod, that i should choose something that nobody would care about, so it wouldn't matter if I do a rubbish job, taking the pressure off! :roflmao:

But seems there are some strange folk like me who are actually looking forward to it :D

Last edited:
+1 for that approach :D it's indeed an interesting idea (and ways my first choice) to start something more unlikely to happen in other way without much pressure, but I must say, once you start to show nicely done things like both of you guys... well... the pressure comes anyway :p:laugh:

On topic, this "little" daily worker is progressing really well, the jump in the quality is noticeable, will be among the top mods for sure ;)

...the jump in the quality is noticeable...

Don't know what you mean - the quality has been there since day 1! :p

XkSt9iNh.jpg

WFQrST7h.jpg

Pretty good for a first attempt :) I was going to say that it looked too dark, almost smoked, but comparing your with the real ones I think the tone is pretty close. I think the difference lies in the glass in front - the real light lenses make the reflector look out of focus, more diffused. Plus, you have a sharp transition from the surround to the reflector (possibly the same lack of fuzziness through the glass.
transit-1.jpg

Not wishing to be picky, but the VRM/numberplate looks a bit off??
Either the font spacing and gap around the edge is out, or a combo? Maybe also a bit too white?
Also I think in 2005 you needed the plate printer details on there, which adds some extra non-descript details on there too.

Apart from those niggles, it's great to see it coming to completion now. All these small details you've been adding make a big difference!

It'll be well worth the effort once you see everyone enjoying online Transit racing and the van looking wonderful :D

Dave

Pretty good for a first attempt :) I was going to say that it looked too dark, almost smoked, but comparing your with the real ones I think the tone is pretty close. I think the difference lies in the glass in front - the real light lenses make the reflector look out of focus, more diffused. Plus, you have a sharp transition from the surround to the reflector (possibly the same lack of fuzziness through the glass.
transit-1.jpg

Yep, I recently did some van renderings and did a Transit (new shape), and was fighting with Mental Ray to get this effect really nice.

It's a glossy reflection on the external plastic, but the back side (interior face) isn't smooth.
How you'll achieve this with the AC shaders on offer is another matter... hmmm.

This is where not having real geometry underneath is probably better, and a geometry that holds pre-blurred details of the light, but with the same material definitions.
That should work better.

Hmmm

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back