Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

goQUj9vh.jpg

Zbu9DK5h.jpg

this-gold-mercedes-sprinter-is-every-gentleman-van-driver-s-dream_8.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Possibly the most boring update in the history of WIP updates...

Currently going round removing the excess polys that are not really doing anything - mostly panel gaps which should just be 1 poly deep, but are 2 because I apparently it was a good idea a year ago...

AKvoMlAh.jpg

I wasn't going to bother (even though I'll probably save a decent chunk of tris), but the very deep panel gaps make the AO too prominent, and it looks weird in game at a distance (see below). Hopefully this will fix that, plus save a bunch of tris :) Very dull work though :roflmao:

33ujIajh.jpg

**** me that is one ugly track you are on gary! I don't know why anyone would think that was worth sharing with you, dreadful :D

Lol, I never actually drove the van there, it was just the last track I'd used when I jumped on to get the screenshot :p

I've been dying to get this mod for a long time. Please maybe give us a beta version and keep us updated, we appreciate your hard work.

I've been dying to finish this mod for a long time :roflmao:

I suppose could do an actual V0.1 which would be pretty much everything minus a finished interior, which would be possible in a few weeks, sort of like Patrik's Corolla? OR I could just wait till everything is actually done which would most likely be a very long time :p Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'm not bothered each way, depends what the demand is.

I wasn't going to bother (even though I'll probably save a decent chunk of tris), but the very deep panel gaps make the AO too prominent, and it looks weird in game at a distance (see below). Hopefully this will fix that, plus save a bunch of tris :) Very dull work though :roflmao:

33ujIajh.jpg

The problem is that at that distance you should be using LODB already, so you won't get that problem once you set it up (LODB shouldn't have any detailed edges).

The problem is that at that distance you should be using LODB already, so you won't get that problem once you set it up (LODB shouldn't have any detailed edges).

Yeah thats a good point, but I''m saving a few tris, plus it gives me a little more room to play with in my UV map. Its boring housekeeping, but at least I've learned my lesson and in the next project will do it a little differently :)

I suppose could do an actual V0.1 which would be pretty much everything minus a finished interior, which would be possible in a few weeks, sort of like Patrik's Corolla? OR I could just wait till everything is actually done which would most likely be a very long time :p Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'm not bothered each way, depends what the demand is.
i imagine releasing early has its perks and not:
Bright side It will give you motivation with all the feedback, screenshots, video etc.
On the other; you might also have ungrateful people unaware of the amount of job that already went into this, who will criticize their unhappiness about how unfinished it looks (i seen't it XD)
A closed beta the choice in between, you give it to people who ask for :) that way you only get feedback from people who are aware and willing to remain "impartial" and helpful

Also another point you will not like but happens: All those russian mod hoster sites and facebook groups will grab the new first release in minutes, but probably not any update you bring out after. My first beta release (summer '15) of the Alzen car is still available out there out of my reach.

So its a bit of a question what version you want most people to drive around in. Also too frequent updating is not good either, I think people will only get a notification if they downloaded the respective last update? Don't do it like the Ginetta group with three a day at points :O_o:

Also another point you will not like but happens: All those russian mod hoster sites and facebook groups will grab the new first release in minutes, but probably not any update you bring out after. My first beta release (summer '15) of the Alzen car is still available out there out of my reach.

So its a bit of a question what version you want most people to drive around in. Also too frequent updating is not good either, I think people will only get a notification if they downloaded the respective last update? Don't do it like the Ginetta group with three a day at points :O_o:

Very good points. I think whichever way I go (swaying towards just waiting till its done), I plan on keeping updates to the minimum - same goes for the Dallara. There are a lot of small things I could quickly fix and send out, but I'd rather wait till I have something worth downloading - I think people will lose interest quickly with tons of small updates (I know I do).

Despite the fact that I'm really looking forward to this, my feeling is it's your mod and your hard work so you should release it when you're happy with it. The closed beta release might be an idea for handling feedback if you know people you can trust not to release it into the wild.
Thank you for the work you have done it is appreciated.

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.

1.-Ford-Transit-Van.jpg

:D

I asked for a beta version and thought it would be a good idea but people here made some good points about the cons it might face and like Ben said a choice in between, like a closed beta might be a better option than an open which I think it is. Anyways, I am really stoked for it and we will be patiently waiting and whatever you decide to do I know it will be worth it :)

Not much to look at, but this is the result of the mesh cleanup - saved about 2.5K tris in total, not amazing but certainly better than nothing. UV map should be better too, as now the doors fit nicely with the bodywork (being more space efficient too), making seamless liveries hopefully a piece of cake.

Photo dump :)

Mjh1XPFh.jpg

uMHb1LEh.jpg

WFQrST7h.jpg

3duBJDrh.jpg

qSz5ZOkh.jpg

vXxFbPQh.jpg

r8CpGYFh.jpg

TAZCjVRh.jpg

Looking forward to tackling headlights next, will be attempting normal maps etc - could go terribly or could make it much nicer :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back