Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa

Cars Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Daniel Jimenez submitted a new resource:

Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa - The classic SRF now for Assetto Corsa

View attachment 323967

The Ford Spec Racer comes to Assetto Corsa, a classic school and casual racing car that brings unforgettable races every time. Mostly known in iRacing, this guy is a MUST if you love online racing, or just having fun racing against others. Keep in mind this one is based mainly on GEN2, may in the future we bring the GEN3 but it depends on this one reception.

View attachment 323968

Inside you will find a skin template for Photoshop, with different style...

Read more about this resource...

Like the others here say: add the usual folder structure, either assettocorsa/content/cars/ or just content/cars/ to the .rar archive

Just did a little test - Shader Patch preview 140 it crashes, update to preview 205 and all's well. When I had this happening with the Maserati 250f other cars would be ok so it seems like it's something specific to certain cars.

Great mod btw, just had a quick drive and loved it.

Fun car and not a bug report but a question. I'm used to Porsches with massive lift-off oversteer, but this little buggy has a spin button when you let off the gas in certain situations.

Actually with a bit more driving it feels more like a massive weight balance to the rear and/or lack of rear traction. For the most part it feels balanced, but with just a bit of opposite lock the rear end can swing out and it's gone, no recovery possible even with power. And not at super high speeds necessarily.

It's like the ultimate Scandinavian flick, but the rear end never gains traction again.

I been driving over 600 cars in AC for a few years now, and I haven't experienced an imbalance quite like this, I'll entertain any suggestions and continue my research.

Last edited:
Fun car and not a bug report but a question. I'm used to Porsches with massive lift-off oversteer, but this little buggy has a spin button when you let off the gas in certain situations.

Actually with a bit more driving it feels more like a massive weight balance to the rear and/or lack of rear traction. For the most part it feels balanced, but with just a bit of opposite lock the rear end can swing out and it's gone, no recovery possible even with power. And not at super high speeds necessarily.

It's like the ultimate Scandinavian flick, but the rear end never gains traction again.

I been driving over 600 cars in AC for a few years now, and I haven't experienced an imbalance quite like this, I'll entertain any suggestions and continue my research.
You must be the most gentle gentleman releasing and pushing with both, throttle and breaks. At least that was how should work in iRacing. I'm having the issue with 140 and 205 and also can't drive the skip barber but I drove it in the past, with the last rims update.

Hey, I took a look at the car's physics. Being the physics dev of Daniel's previous car, the Skippy, I was curious.

Well, to clear up things. I wasn't directly involved with the car, but the car's base is mine.

Specifically this is a Skippy with some minor modifications to CoG, spring strokes, engine, probably mass and so on. The suspension, dampers, and tires are what were on the Skippy.

So to all of the people who think it drives exactly like the iRacing SRF, or the real SRF, or whatever, and especially to those who didn't like my Skippy: :roflmao:

Currently I am unable to justify the time to do it properly from the ground-up, but if someone who really knows these cars wants to, be my quest! I'll offer whatever advice or assistance I can.

Seeing a weird issue, if Custom Shader's "Use custom Node::render" is enabled, most of UI elements disappear (for example, on the first screen, only the quit button is enabled. Start race, setups and so on are invisible, still can be clicked though). Also in race, mirror only shows up occasionally (flickers in existence and disappears shortly). Tried with v140 and v205.

Skippy and Ford Spec are the only cars I've seen this happen on.

Thanks!

The handling directly relates to the type of vehicle it is. Race School cars by nature have to be relatively easy to drive, handle well etc. These have a transverse engine/gearbox assembly simply moved to the back of the car. This has a quite dramatic effect on the balance of the vehicle. They have exceptional grip but there is a limit, once that limit is reached they will snap oversteer very quickly and are difficult to catch. The term "Trying to throw a hammer handle first" comes to mind. The base vehicle was designed for novice drivers to gain experience, it's not a full on race car with exotic lightweight materials etc, the drive train is straight from a road car and thus, heavy. Finesse your driving style and it will reward you. I do kinda know about this as I spent nearly 20 years as a race instructor and driver coach and have also built several club level race cars. I haven't driven the real version of this but there was a UK equivelant some years ago using XR2 running gear so I imagine they'd be similar. Great car, lots of fun but tricky on the limit. Nice mod I'm having a lot of fun with it

I would still like to remind everyone that this is, indeed, just a Skip Barber with some minor mods to wheelbase, track, CoG, engine and aero. Perhaps some others I missed. Tires are almost unchanged when I looked.

SRF vs Skip 1.JPG

SRF vs Skip 2.JPG

SRF vs Skip 3.JPG

SRF vs Skip 4.JPG

The reason I post this is because I just know people will start writing walls of text about how the car is so realistic and they prefer it to the Skippy or whatever. They will however probably not read this post. :roflmao:

It's ok if you like the car. Honestly. It's even ok if you don't like a more realistic version that could come out in the future. But let's just be on the same page here.

Oh, and don't get me wrong. I don't want to discredit Daniel's work nor am I irritated at him or the staff. His car deserves ground-up scratch physics some day: either from me or someone who hopefully really knows these cars and can do it. There's *a lot* of data on those: it's doable. But we must be honest with who has done what.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 203 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%