Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa

Cars Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just a heads up, but the car will be CSP REQUIRED from now on. A car like this especially benefits from it very much.

Still ironing out some illogical things and finding a good baseline for the new tire heating stuff in particular, which will then be integrated into this car.

There's no problems at all in the development and last year I made most of it completely. Will just need to take another look over it and redo most of the tire. :thumbsup:

Perhaps I will also include other CSP goodies, if the integration will work in a favorable way. There is a good deal of data for this car.

I don't know when I will be ready, but it will be done.

Some experiments with the mirrors... and, they will vibrate a little bit
1611957713478.png

I would love to see the faster gen 3. But are the cars supposed to make Skip Barbers look like they are on race slicks? These cars feel on ice. I dont know if its the CoG, the weight or the suspension or what but even compared to skip barber these cars feel much harder to drive.

Daniel Jimenez updated Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa with a new update entry:

Shaders, textures, physics, sound and animations... that escalated quickly!

Version 2.0 DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER (or you will end up with 2 cars)

• Physics updates by Arch
- All physics redone from the ground up
---------------
New Driver animations by Matías Sala (VRC)
---------------
•Sounds redone by Daniel J (you should try the claxon XD).
•Updated shaders and textures by Daniel J.
•Added vibration in mirrors.
•More skins.
---------------
*old main body skins will still work on this one, so no problem.

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fantastic update, and the Ford Spec Racer has been needing this in AC for a while.

The only thing that detracts from it are the vibrating mirror clamps. I can understand you want to achieve more realism by making the mirrors vibrate, as they do in the real cars, but having the clamps moving right in front of you in VR doesn't look real. Actually, I don't even really notice the mirrors themselves are vibrating. Maybe there's another way to make it work without vibrating the clamps, or make the roll cage vibrate some. I know they have a lot of vibrations.

Auto shifting has the shift points too close together and it won't change up. May I suggest this;
---------------------------------------------------
drivetrain.ini
[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=5600
DOWN=3800
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.1
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.250

Enjoying the update!

Not a big fan of the sound though... exterior sounds weird (to me). So i swapped with the toyota AE86 sound and my ears are happy. Not the same engine but whatever lol.

Also swapped the helmet to the 1985 one. I find that one more realistic to whats commonly seen at SCCA events, and its dark, not bright white and distracting.

Auto shifting has the shift points too close together and it won't change up. May I suggest this;
drivetrain.ini
[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=5600
DOWN=3800
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.1
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.250
Huh, really? I figured it worked like for the AI, but maybe I should test these things. Going to need to adjust a lot of cars if it's a common issue. :roflmao:

Thanks.

EDIT: Ah crap, I even forgot some stuff there, like the gas cutoff time. There is always something.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back