Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa

Cars Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
While I am reading the book ... Can you put the links or sources of all this information? It would be very important to accompany the development of the project.

w1ptE5A.png

I know for a fact it will take you around 1 - 2 years more of study to become competent enough to understand the information (Unless you take it very seriously of course) so there is no rush. It's better if you learn how to find the information yourself, because you will need to do it in the future for other cars.
It's not super hard to find. Searching for things like "Spec Racer Ford suspension" and "Spec Racer Ford engine" and "Spec Racer Ford specs" is honestly enough.
No need to do anything super special, it's all on websites documented very well because the series isn't exactly secretive. Eventually you'll run into that one website with basically all of the SRF data on it.

We are not creating a Tesla's car and I don't want to work for Elon Musk.

We are creating a car to have fun.
and so far we have achieved it.

3d artists detail their progress and receive productive comments or feedback.

for the development of GEN3 I will create a project in GitHub.

I'm also develepment this idea in this post.
https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/spec-ford-for-ac.1732/

So.....GEN2 could be compared to the most popular product (iR)
GEN 3 will be real data.

I will publicly show my progress and any deviation can be easily indicated.

Dude there is no difference between a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 besides the engine. The entire frame and suspension is the same. So if you build a suspension for Gen 3 you are also building the suspension for Gen 2

OK
we go in parts .....

[BASIC]
WHEELBASE = ???? (2,337) source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spec_Racer_Ford
CG_LOCATION = ????? (0.46) source ????

[ARB]
FRONT = ????? (35000) source ????
REAR = ?????? (38000) source ???

Apparently you don't understand @Kyuubeey, so I will try to paraphrase it. You will not find entries for AC's suspension.ini file out in the wild. You will however find camber curves, damper graphs, measurements about (Or at least photos of) suspension pick up points and other data. From that, you need to figure out how to put that into AC's data format. Discussing suspension.ini line after line is the wrong apporach, you will need to do the heavy lifting beforehand. Maybe take a look at the AC Worksheet to get a better idea.

Nice car.
One thing keeps bothering me tho: I always get that warning signal from CM about the sound (you know, that it is most likely not from tatuusfa1, but base on Kunos sample soundbank etc. etc...)
Can this be fixed please ? I don't want to change the sound with that from another car.

So, the skippy was not like iRacing one and people complains.
The Spec racer is closer to the iRacing one and people still complains.
Then I said that physics would be improved so everyone could be happy, but no, some ones still complains... ¿what else do you want lol? ¿for me to buy and send you a real SRF at each one of your homes? I'm sure some people still would complain about that... Jesus I even try to calm down things and be chill and nice, but the answer was to accusing me of "trying to hide something", are you for real? damn.

You did a very good job.

It definitely feels like the iRacing version of the car and since that was what you were going for, you succeeded.

It's a rather hard car to drive and therefore people automatically hate on it. Don't worry about them.

You did a very good job.

It definitely feels like the iRacing version of the car and since that was what you were going for, you succeeded.

It's a rather hard car to drive and therefore people automatically hate on it. Don't worry about them.
Hey,

Just to inform you, but Daniel didn't make the physics for the Skippy nor for the SRF. The Skippy was largely made by myself, and the SRF is just a Skippy with some quite jankily executed improper modifications by Luis Mercury. Suspension, tires, aero and whatnot are basically Skippy.

I did think the Skippy was pretty much like the iRacing one, more the first version than the second one. The second one seems somewhat more stable, which is why I like the first version better. Spec Racer still seems a bit squirrely, but its probably more setup than the Skippy is.

I for one am somewhat bothered by this comparison to iRacing. Just compare it to the real car: iRacing isn't exactly the most accurate sim. That's the sentiment at least.

Hey,

Just to inform you, but Daniel didn't make the physics for the Skippy nor for the SRF. The Skippy was largely made by myself, and the SRF is just a Skippy with some quite jankily executed improper modifications by Luis Mercury. Suspension, tires, aero and whatnot are basically Skippy.

Oh, didn't know that, thanks for clearing that up!

I just came here after a discussion about the car in the SRS forums where this thread was linked and saw that Daniel seems a bit frustrated because of all the unfair flack his work gets.

Oh, didn't know that, thanks for clearing that up!

I just came here after a discussion about the car in the SRS forums where this thread was linked and saw that Daniel seems a bit frustrated because of all the unfair flack his work gets.

For this particular release, I don't think it was particularly unfair.

If the physics are being attributed to Daniel, then it's unfair in the sense that the wrong person is responsible, for the good or the bad. Daniel wasn't even aware of what was really going on with the car.

If the physics are being attributed to Daniel, then it's unfair in the sense that the wrong person is responsible, for the good or the bad. Daniel wasn't even aware of what was really going on with the car.
Sure, but I mean the car receiving "flack" isn't unwarranted. All of it being attributed to Daniel is, of course.

Problem being most people haven't driven the real car. I have read comparisons of people that drove the real car and drove the Skippy and said it was pretty accurate. the main point being power off oversteer, always try and keep a little throttle while in the turn.
The first version of the car had this done very well, besides you have to have something to compare it to, unless everyone here has had a go with the real skippy.

Problem being most people haven't driven the real car. I have read comparisons of people that drove the real car and drove the Skippy and said it was pretty accurate. the main point being power off oversteer, always try and keep a little throttle while in the turn.
The first version of the car had this done very well, besides you have to have something to compare it to, unless everyone here has had a go with the real skippy.
You don’t need to drive the real thing to judge accuracy...especially when some things are 100% objectively wrong.

At first I would like say, that I appreciate the work of each and every modder for our great sim racing community and say THANK YOU for your effort.

Daniel you mentioned in mid September that there will be a rework of the physics. Do you have any timeline for us when a new version will be available?

But for the physics department, I would like say my opinion: I feel it strange to apdapt a real world car, where real world physic data are available to an, in my eyes, not very sophisticated other racing simulation (iRacing).
Despite I personally never drove iRacing by myself, it is widely known that iRacing is not very well reproducing the real world. In other words iRacing cars tends to be super critically in driving on the edge.

And you have to think about the fact that the Ford Spec Racer is an entry level car for racing. It is also run as race trainer. So I can not believe that a car with such a tricky behaviour, as we see in AC and iRacing, would have any success among racing novice in real life.

If you drive the car in AC you will not notice that you are on the edge, you only see the result that you are a little bit over the edge -> spin.

Unfortunately the current Sim Racing System season of the Ford Spec Racer is using this wrong physics. I hope there will be another chance for this car in SRS when it is corrected.

Best regards.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back