rF2 Ford Sierra RS500 @ Silverstone 2012 - Thu 07 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Man, it was great to be back racing with this wonderful club!!

Both races I made mistakes in the beginning which always meant last place, but the fight back up to 6th and 5th was a blast....

Can't wait for next week!!!
Bring it on @Denis Betty

Well, this one was interesting...

A challenging combo for the not-so-experience driver like myself, especially since I did not do any laps in the car or on this version of the track until about an hour before the event started.

Obviously not the best way to prepare for a race, but I was not the only one. :D

And to me, that's a major part of the appeal of club racing over league racing; the ability to just join an event and have fun without the need to practice for hours or days to be even remotely competitive.
I know that with this attitude I will never compete for the win but that's fine with me. It's not what club racing is about after all..
Club racing IS about faster people with more setup skills generously sharing their setups for others to try. Thanks @Bumble and @Yves Larose !!:notworthy:

In R1 I had a great battle with @Andu1983 for the first half of the race. :thumbsup:
Although driving similar cars, our setups were obviously very different. My car had the better acceleration while his had way better braking and cornering stability.
It made for a great fun and clean battle! Near the end of the race, while in 4th position I had to defend against a charging @Daniel R. It was really close until the end.:thumbsup:

R2 was a different story though. I completely and utterly botched the start and dropped from 5th to last. And shortly after that I spun. :poop: I managed to catch up with the unfortunate @stribbeck who later on had a serious accident (I think?) and had to retire.
So.. last again with a >10 sec gap to @max1996i and @Andu1983 in front, who from looking at the timetable seemed to to have an interesting battle.
In my efforts to catch up I got carried away a bit too much I think, because by the time I finally got within 2 seconds of them I had to serve a drive-through for track limit violations.:mad: Needless to say I saw no more on-track action after that...

Thanks all for racing, I hope you all had a fun time. And thanks @Denis Betty for organizing! I'm looking forward to see what combo you come up with next time!

Last edited:
Thanks all for racing and being a fun group of people to hang out with. A special mention to @stribbeck who seemed to be having problems, but stuck with it. I don't think you were on TS mate (unusually), well done for staying with us. Is there anything we can help you with?

Commiserations to the people the missed the racing, whether that was down to work commitments, computer/internet problems or whatever. Hope you have your internet back full time now @Jack Smith and that you are safe and well?

I spent a long time last night looking for a good combo. It's getting difficult with the cars we have IMO. Anyway, Ibara came up in conversation on TS in the post race chin wag and after trying combos at several other tracks I gave Ibara a try.

What a great track, why have we not used it more often? I was looking for a track for the Brabham BT20 and it's really fun round here, but a bit too tricky for good club racing I think. I tried the Cobra (again, fun but too hard), the Toyota Celica 2000 GT (meh) and maybe some others.

Then I went out in the Eve F3 and the combo is golden IMO. So that's what we're racing next week guys - Historic F3s at Ibara.

On the subject of next week, I have been asked to move the voice chat from TS to Discord, in line with the rest of RD. As a fully paid up member of the old farts union, I have been resisting change of any sort with an iron will... but now I have been told. :redface:
Please, if you would like to join us on chat next week, start looking into this as soon as you get a chance. You will need to link your RD account to Discord in order to join chat I think. I'll post a link to details below and I'm hoping that there will be some computer literate folks among us who can help to coral any stragglers. :roflmao:

Cheers all, hope to see everybody next week or if not then, very soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks all for racing and being a fun group of people to hang out with. A special mention to @stribbeck who seemed to be having problems, but stuck with it. I don't think you were on TS mate (unusually), well done for staying with us. Is there anything we can help you with?

Ah the first race didn't go well I managed to change the camera view to outside the car on the grid where I was trying to find out how to show the car positions and couldn't get the view back in the car, quit to pit thinking I could rejoin after finding the key map but it wouldn't let me so just watched the race instead lol
Second one I rolled the car after a few laps

Sorted the camera and info now so hopefully good to go for the next races :) just takes some getting used to after ac and acc

Was on teamspeak kept quiet while the race was going on.

Ah the first race didn't go well I managed to change the camera view to outside the car on the grid where I was trying to find out how to show the car positions and couldn't get the view back in the car, quit to pit thinking I could rejoin after finding the key map but it wouldn't let me so just watched the race instead lol
Second one I rolled the car after a few laps

Sorted the camera and info now so hopefully good to go for the next races :) just takes some getting used to after ac and acc

Was on teamspeak kept quiet while the race was going on.

Hey Mate, it's a club race, so no problem if you ask something during race... We are here to help each other!!!

See you next time

I've been using Discord for a few weeks now and have joined the RD channel, but I've never used voice chat with it. Is that what you're talking about, Denis? I see a section for VOICE at the bottom left, but I'm seeing a lock symbol next to them. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Old Farts Union Past President

I've been using Discord for a few weeks now and have joined the RD channel, but I've never used voice chat with it. Is that what you're talking about, Denis? I see a section for VOICE at the bottom left, but I'm seeing a lock symbol next to them. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Ahem, that must make me the treasurer then. Have you linked you RD account? It's ages since I did this - went though it when I was running an SGP group. Maybe @Ole Marius Myrvold can help us out here?

Ahem, that must make me the treasurer then. Have you linked you RD account? It's ages since I did this - went though it when I was running an SGP group. Maybe @Ole Marius Myrvold can help us out here?

This is the text I usually share when people contact me on Discord regarding this:
"
you need to connect your account.
https://www.racedepartment.com/account/connected-accounts/
Then choose discord there and "connect accounts" then it happens automatically!"

With that being said, there is a lock on the voice-channels regardless, just double click on the voice channel you want to join and you enter, without writing any PW :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 224 14.2%