rF2 Ford Sierra RS500 @ Silverstone 2012 - Thu 07 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
tcr-sierra-riverside-jpg.343154

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here (the menu-bar link to connect to us on TS is no longer on RD but the info on this page will explain how to create a bookmark and enter your real name - don't hesitate to ask in this thread if you need help!)
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SIERRA

Car: Ford Sierra RS500 (470 HP engine tuning option) (Download)
The cars in the 1988 ATCC all have the Eggenberger engine tuning option. ;)
Track: Silverstone 2012 (Steam)
Layout: Historic Chicane

Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (25 minutes)

No warm up - There will be a short pause and then straight into Race 2 with starting slots = finishing places from R1

Race 2:
21:00 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List - 24 slots
  1. Denis Betty
  2. Daniel R.
  3. Andu1983
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. stribbeck
  6. slideways
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Bumble
  9. Ole Marius Myrvold
  10. Kresh
  11. Dean Maković
  12. Jim Carvalho
  13. max1966i
  14. Yves Larose
  15. Morne Du Plooy
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP #36 DB

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
Hi Denis,

Fancy giving my first rfactor 2 race a go please :)
Hope I have been practising on the right layout, thought it would be the old silverstone layout before all the new bits were added.

I like to join due to Happy New Year :)
Welcome. :)
Hi Denis, the download link for the car contains a bunch of files. Do I just download them all and extract them in the main rf2 root folder?
It goes in the Packages folder. You will then need to install it from packages in the Launcher.
Should also work in the new UI, although I have reverted to the old one because I came across a problem involving .rfcmp files where I was unable to uninstall/delete a mod. Please could you let us know how you get on?
Welcome.
Yes the link is to an RD staff repository for the Touring Car Revival mod cars. For this event you just need to download the one called
TCR_SIERRA_v042.rfcmp
Remember to choose the 470HP (Eggenberger) engine option in the Tuning menu when you are selecting a skin. 1986 cars all seem to have this option. :thumbsup:
Hi Denis,

Fancy giving my first rfactor 2 race a go please :)
Hope I have been practising on the right layout, thought it would be the old silverstone layout before all the new bits were added.
If you have subscribed to the track linked in the OP, you then need the layout called Historic Chicane. The track is an official S397 version available on Steam. Don't be fooled if that track is called 2016 somewhere else (the .rfcmp for instance) it's the track from the link and not anything else. The server is now up, so you can practice there.
Welcome to the club mate. :)

@Denis Betty one Lucky Strike livery for you :)

Sierra LS 1.png

Sierra LS 2.png

Sierra LS 3.png

Download link

To use liveries in game:
Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car). Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\TCR_SIERRA_v042\(number on car) Unpack zip-file. Paste the dds files there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game. Voila! :)

@Jack Smith one Molson Canadian livery for you :)

Sierra MC 1.png

Sierra MC 2.png

Sierra MC 3.png

Download link

To use liveries in game:
Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car). Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\TCR_SIERRA_v042\(number on car) Unpack zip-file. Paste the dds files there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game. Voila! :)

Happy new year to everybody :)

Welcome. :)

Welcome.
Yes the link is to an RD staff repository for the Touring Car Revival mod cars. For this event you just need to download the one called
TCR_SIERRA_v042.rfcmp
Remember to choose the 470HP (Eggenberger) engine option in the Tuning menu when you are selecting a skin. 1986 cars all seem to have this option. :thumbsup:

If you have subscribed to the track linked in the OP, you then need the layout called Historic Chicane. The track is an official S397 version available on Steam. Don't be fooled if that track is called 2016 somewhere else (the .rfcmp for instance) it's the track from the link and not anything else. The server is now up, so you can practice there.
Welcome to the club mate. :)

Will try the practice server now :) was hoping it was the old layout from the btcc in the 90's :)
One quick question is there a radar add on for rfactor ? installed Crew Chief but like the visual guide too lol

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%