Ford Sierra RS500 Race v1.0 (beta)

Ford Sierra RS500 Race v1.1 (Updated)

UPDATE: Get the all in one download with updated physics and 18 skins over at http://racedemon.com. Still no interior or post 0.6.5 features, but works great with 0.6.5.

rs500race.jpg

I've had this car sitting on my disk for a while now, waiting for the right time to finish it. The right time would be when Racer's physics were better and I got around to making the interior. However, both still seem to happen some time in the future, and by then the model will be outdated and old (it may already be, actually...).

So I dug it out and did a few laps at Laguna Seca. I have a great baseline ini from Mr. Whippy, but I wasn't quite happy with the handling. So I did what I normally do. I drove lap after lap in what can only be described as a proper track test. I went in and out of the "pits" (or Notepad if you like), making small changes here and there until I was happy with it. My goal was to make it drivable and fun, while maintaining some of the handling charachteristics that I associate with the RS500. In the process, I tried to only change values that are in fact adjustable in a racecar, such as arbs, alignment and tire characteristics. It feels good to me now, and I hope you guys like it too.

The car comes in six liveries from it's glory days of racing, interchangable as Raven variants. Previews can be seen in the project post here: http://racedemon.com/ford-sierra-rs500-cosworth-90-done/

Anyway, here it is. If anyone feel like contributing by making and interior or other updates/improvments, feel free to do so, but please don't release without my approval :)

Enjoy.

download.gif

Oh, I forgot to mention that this was made for Racer 0.6.5, so don't expect it to work in the newer versions. It might, but I haven't tested it...

Scratch made^^

Why not to convert the Interior from TCL?

All scratch made by me and imho a bit more accurate than most other Sierra's out there, including the one from Forza. Not in terms of detail or polydensity (mine is quite low poly), but in terms of overall shape. Most modellers seem to rely on blueprints alone, and the blueprints I've found for the Sierra all seem to be a bit too bulky and weird. So I used tons of photos, as well as my mates Sierra to get it right. I think it's pretty decent now :)

As for interior, I really want a better interior than the one in TCL. I might try to make one soon.

You're not the only one who's having that exposure problem :) The car seems to drive really well, I really enjoy it.

No sorry, I'm not sure, but I think if you have a look in the TOD editing thread or the release thread you should be able to find something. I think I saw a fix somewhere, but I'm extremely forgetful lol

The brightness is caused by the tod settings not being adjusted properly. Enter "edit tod" in the console and adjust the curves to suit and then use curved to make them the same. It's a tough job to get it right and shadows may be too dark (bug).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%