AC Ford RS vs Alfa GTAM @ Calabogie - Weds 21st Oct 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Helloooo :p
I'm a helper bot, you need some help?
It's a thing of 2 minutes :whistling:

Server calls for specific file names (or folder name too.. I don't know about this).
As long as the files don't have the same name, only one car can join the server!
Things get messy when you have multiple versions for different users of the same file name in the same folder. Like with mod updates for examples.

Then the server needs ONE file, in the correct folder though. The checksum will then be compared.
If you wanna know which file:
Use the server tool on your own pc, click on "update content" or whatever it's called and the server tool will create a folder structure for all tracks and cars found in your normal ac folder.

Inside of this server-folder-structure you'll find one file per car. That file needs to be put on the server :p

Which is why AC servers are so small. Only contain ini, json and a few data files for checksums. No actual content needed!
So I take that as you're in Rasmus! C'mon fella, you know you want to :p :laugh:

"Schatz? I got invited to a race from my usual racing buddies... But we didn't spend much time together over the past we-"
"Go on, sign up! Where's the issue? You didn't race for quite some time so of course you can race tonight."

Well, sign me up then!
I'll... Take the.. No idea.. Alfa I guess and take the setup from Ernie or Neil :D

I'm a bit suspicious about what will be the situation here after the race but maybe I should simply buy her a ring lol :roflmao: :inlove:

I'm a bit suspicious about what will be the situation here after the race but maybe I should simply buy her a ring lol :roflmao: :inlove:
LOL! Always a safe bet! :p:D
I'll... Take the.. No idea.. Alfa I guess and take the setup from Ernie or Neil :D
Umm, well first of all I need to get a set from someone else then ;)
Just home from work, zero practice so far, I think I've never even driven the track (maybe the car?) so it's download and practice time.
Edit: wow, I seem to have both car and track already, so... yay!

Last edited:
Great fun everyone. Figured this race would be a great opportunity to try out using my new ultrawide instead of VR. I think my verdict vs. VR is: who knows. :coffee:

2e2.jpg

The game performance is certainly better, and it's a lot clearer than my old blurry Rift CV1, but sometimes I do wish I could more easily look to my side to see how much overlap someone has with me. I didn't buy it for racing, mostly other games, but it's certainly an intriguing prospect.

After ages of trying, I finally got an 2:18.8 in race 2, which I'm pretty happy about. Blimey, that RS is fast in a straight line -- at one point Denis was gaining 0.5s on one straight!

Great battles @Denis Betty and @Medilloni, and thanks for organising! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The ring will have to wait...
Saying goodnight between races took too long so when I came back from my quick bathroom visit, I hit the race button half a second too late and started with the delay-penalty, argh!

But Dean decided to mow even more grass than me so I didn't get last! :roflmao:

@SOLO59 I had some fun drifting through the "corners" with you during race 1! Sadly the moment I came within 1s of you, I forgot where the track was going :rolleyes::laugh:

Last edited:
Great fun everyone. Figured this race would be a great opportunity to try out using my new ultrawide instead of VR. I think my verdict is: who knows. :coffee:

View attachment 414351

The game performance is certainly better, and it's a lot clearer than my old blurry Rift CV1, but sometimes I do wish I could more easily look to my side to see how much overlap someone has with me. I didn't buy it for racing, mostly other games, but it's certainly an intriguing prospect.

After ages of trying, I finally got an 2:18.8 in race 2, which I'm pretty happy about. Blimey, that RS is fast in a straight line -- at one point Denis was gaining 0.5s on one straight!

Great battles @Denis Betty and @Medilloni, and thanks for organising! :thumbsup:
Very nice! Which FOV are you using?

I very scientifically typed "fov calculator" in google and used the first result, which was https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/. :p That tool suggested 26.8 is the right FOV value -- I found it a bit cramped compared to VR, but who knows, maybe it's right.
Cramped = too low or too high?
I'm using 49 on my ultrawide, feels very natural and hopping into my cv1 isn't too weird.
Sure, everything is scaled a bit differently then but going from the rift to looking through a keyhole isn't better :roflmao:

Cramped = too low or too high?
I'm using 49 on my ultrawide, feels very natural and hopping into my cv1 isn't too weird.
Sure, everything is scaled a bit differently then but going from the rift to looking through a keyhole isn't better :roflmao:

Too low, I think:

vlcsnap-2020-10-21-21h49m08s981.jpg

I feel like in the same field of vision when I'm in VR, I can see quite a bit more. Not sure though, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Too low, I think:

View attachment 414368

I feel like in the same field of vision when I'm in VR, I can see quite a bit more. Not sure though, I could be wrong.
It's probably "mathematically correct" but the perception is different when the eyes can see more overall. And also in3D...
I had long and very detailed discussions about using "correct" fov or not. Pros and Cons etc etc.

In the end: Just hop in the car and change the value until it feels good for you. Then you'll be the fastest!
I still don't have VR and have no space for triples but I do keep meaning to try some kind of head tracking...
My Rift CV1 would be up for sale hehe. Just didn't put it online yet. I paid 220€ for it in March, used.
Dunno, 150€ plus shipping would be nice to get out of it. 2 sensors, 2 controllers and the head-stand :D

I have absolutely no idea what's a good price for it in the UK at the moment though, just a late night, spontaneous offer :roflmao:

I still don't have VR and have no space for triples but I do keep meaning to try some kind of head tracking...

I'm on a 49 inch ultrawide and trackir and feels really great. Closest thing to tripples-vr. If you got an ultrawide at least 34 inches, I recommend it!

I REALLY cannot drive these kind of cars, butt gave it a try anyway. Lol
I won the Rfactor2 club race last Friday. Dead last today:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Great fun battle @RasmusP

I'm on a 49 inch ultrawide and trackir and feels really great. Closest thing to tripples-vr. If you got an ultrawide at least 34 inches, I recommend it!

I REALLY cannot drive these kind of cars, butt gave it a try anyway. Lol
I won the Rfactor2 club race last Friday. Dead last today:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Great fun battle @RasmusP

It's 38 inches (38GN950-B), maybe I'll give it a shot and see what this trackIR stuff is all about. Thank for the tip! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%