Ford Mustang Christmas Enduro - Sun 29th December 2013

725936GTLflyertemplate.png

Server name: 2RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Ford Mustang Cobra II IMSA 1976 ( Download )
Track: Sebring 12H Course ( Download ) alternative download Here

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

This is a Endurance event :
Qualification start time:
GMT 19.00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (21 Laps Approx. 60 min)

Note 1: tyre and fuel will be set at 3x
Note 2: only the skins that come with the mod please, the first 12 sign up have to pick a different liverie after that the next 12 sign up follow the same rule. See liveries choice pic below, just indicate the car number you want to use with your sign up.
Note 3: Unpack simply extract the GameData file to the main GLT folder and let it override if asked if you already have the mod install it is recommended that you move it to a temporary location before installing the new one.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: Qually is an unlimited lap type of qually.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.

839203LiveriesChoice.png

Note 7: The track bounderie is the white lines and 2 wheels must remain between them at all time. At the exit of turn 17 you must keep 2 wheels to the right of the white on the left otherwise you will receive a cut warning for the rest of the front straight and T1 entry the wall is the track boundery. on the right of T1 entry your not allow to go over the cones.

901831SebringTrackMap.png

i was only able to start practicing today, i'm working on a setup, but i can only change some basic things, i don't understand well enough the bump/rebound and all that stuff. I tried to search for a setup on the setup section but i wasnt able to find it, did i missed it or there isn't a setup in there for this car? has someone uploaded the setup to GTL online setup? if someone wants i can also share my setup
One other thing i would like to ask is about the exit from the pits, we are suposse to re-enter the track only after the double white line ends, rigth?

i just don't have any luck at this enduro events. After a full day of training (i think i did 70/80 laps of practice before qualy) i was able to qualify in 5th, which was more than enough for me. But rigth at the start of the race the problems started. I forgot to disengage the 4th gear of my h-shifter resulting in a stalled car at the grid, i desesperately tried to start it but i wasn't able to do so before the begining of the race (sorry for the cars that were behinf me :( ) fortunately when i was pushed by the cars behind me the car started ad i was able to go. From there i was recovering time and positions, i had a great battle with Aleksander Pienkowski and Norman Bruce. After 1 lap figthing with them i was able to pass Aleksander in the start/finish straigth, passing Normam required more time and i was only able to pass him after 3 laps, in the penultimate corner. After that i was in front of him, trying to gain some time for the pitstop, but all of a sudden i tried to get out of the penultimate corner too early, pushed the throttle and made the car spin rigth into the inner wall, destroying the engine and having to retire :cry:
Thank you for the race, and keep up with the good work, let's see if the next enduro event goes better for me ;)
Congratulations to top3 and those who finished the race :thumbsup:

Thanks Yves & Rupe for such a great event, and congrats Dmytro, Yves and Eck for podium!

Not my night, almost about everything that possibly could go wrong did exactly that... fortunately I learned the track yesterday and day before yesterday completing maybe 15 laps each day.

Hans, Ondrej, you're not the only ones...
Big bummer on my site did not read the starting time so was to late sorry guys:sleep:

Just got back from work, and it seems like in time just for wish you having fun, so please do! :) And sorry for my absence...

Due to relatives visiting us the living room was blocked tonignt until 19 GMT, I thought I still had 1 our before official practice... wrong :confused:.

Then after carefully setting my cockpit (my G27 wheel is still broken so I plug both G27 and DFGT in my PC and use DFGT wheel and G27 pedals and H-shifter..) I joined server and saw practice remaining 1:53.. so I quickly loaded Yves setup and went on track. I still wasn't 100% sure what was going on before race countdown started and saw congratulations for Dmytro for pole position, by the time I only was half way through my out lap :redface:.

In start I jumped the clutch after first 30...0 countdown, before the lights came due to all confusion and huzzle and got 10s stop and go, something I had not done since the very beginning of my GTL "career"... :devilish: So I decided to be flexible with my strategy. Fortunately Yves setup was easy for tyres and after all I did not change my tyres at all. I wasn't really in position race anyone, but due to stretegy was able to jump some drivers who either changed their tyres once/twice or then stuggled to preserve tyres.

But more importanly it was fun to try drive, fun to play race engineer and think about tactics on the fly. and after all thats what counts :thumbsup:.

Anyway I must apologize my carelessness, I'll make sure this wont happen again...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back