Ford Mustang Christmas Enduro - Sun 29th December 2013

725936GTLflyertemplate.png

Server name: 2RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Ford Mustang Cobra II IMSA 1976 ( Download )
Track: Sebring 12H Course ( Download ) alternative download Here

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

This is a Endurance event :
Qualification start time:
GMT 19.00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (21 Laps Approx. 60 min)

Note 1: tyre and fuel will be set at 3x
Note 2: only the skins that come with the mod please, the first 12 sign up have to pick a different liverie after that the next 12 sign up follow the same rule. See liveries choice pic below, just indicate the car number you want to use with your sign up.
Note 3: Unpack simply extract the GameData file to the main GLT folder and let it override if asked if you already have the mod install it is recommended that you move it to a temporary location before installing the new one.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: Qually is an unlimited lap type of qually.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.

839203LiveriesChoice.png

Note 7: The track bounderie is the white lines and 2 wheels must remain between them at all time. At the exit of turn 17 you must keep 2 wheels to the right of the white on the left otherwise you will receive a cut warning for the rest of the front straight and T1 entry the wall is the track boundery. on the right of T1 entry your not allow to go over the cones.

901831SebringTrackMap.png

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Entry List:

1. Yves Larose #41
  2. Rupe Wilson #14
  3. Mike Bishop #69
  4. Steve Walker #54
  5. Eck Simpson #55
  6. Ross McGregor #1
  7. Allan Ramsbottom #91
  8. Norman Bruce #23
  9. Rui F. Martins #95
  10. Ondrej Kapal #6
  11. Denis Betty #4
  12. Hans Sneep #15
  13. Ken Hunter #91
  14. Dmytro Botnarenko #69
  15. Aleksander Pienkowski #14
  16. Markus Hakamo #23
  17. Andrew Jarnell #55
  18. Ian Strom #95
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
  31. Driver
  32. Driver
  33. Driver
  34. Driver
#1 #4 #6 #14 #15 #23 #41 #54 #55 #69 #91 #95

Rules:

Pitting Rules and Procedure Click ME
Also rule: 8,&9 Failure to pit correctly will result in a penalty !

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit. and thanks to Yves for making this happen

Last edited:
A little bit of history
The track

Sebring International Raceway is a road course auto racing facility located near Sebring, Florida. It's one of the oldest continuously-operating race track in the United-States, its first race being run in 1950. Sebring is one of the classic race tracks in North American sports car racing, and plays host to the 12 Hours of Sebring, one of the legs of the unofficial triple crown of endurance racing.
The raceway occupies a portion of Sebring Regional Airport, an active airport for private and commercial traffic that was originally built as Hendricks Army Airfield, a World War II training base for the U.S. Army Air Forces.
After the war, aeronautical engineer Alec Ulmann, seeking sites to restore military aircraft for civilian use, saw potential in Hendrick's runways to stage a sports car endurance race, similar to the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Sebring first race was held on New Year's Eve of 1950. The Sam Collier 6 Hour Memorial race was won by Fritz Koster and Ralph Deshon in a Crosley Hot Shot that had been driven to the track by Victor Sharpe. This first race attracted thirty race cars from across North America.
The first 12 Hours of Sebring was held on March 15, 1952, and would grow to be a major international race. In 1959, the race track hosted the first Formula One Grand Prix in the United states. Due to the poor attendance and high cost, the next United States Grand Prix was held at Riverside. According to the history page of Wikipedia

The car

Brief history lesson of the Ford Mustang Cobra II IMSA according to IMSA history website:Charlie Kemp had the idea of building a highly modified Ford Cobra II, in order to end the imported cars' dominance in IMSA GT racing. Charlie Kemp would enter this car from 1976 thru 1981. It was designed to run in the AAGT category. The first race saw the car move in the GTX class, because it was so modified! The car was very fast but lacked consistence. Unfortunately, Ford would never back the project. Charlie Kemp didn't expect any help from Detroit, who had an anti racing policy. Sometimes, engineers would come by and check out the car's progress, but it was in the beginning. The car was clocked at 212mph at the Daytona Finale 1976, and finished second, which was its best result ever. Charlie Kemp's best result was a 7th place in 1977.The car was also intended to be marketed, but never got any commercial success. One or two replicas were found in Australia, however. He would still field the car in 1978 and 1979, but didn't meet any success. Eventually, Kemp had had enough of IMSA's resistance to his radical racer. He pulled the car out of racing in 1980, after an incident that really steamed him. The Cobra II he built qualified 20th, but IMSA said it wasn't fast enough in it's class, so it wasn't allowed to start (but a Ford-built Mustang didn't even qualify, and was allowed to start). Charlie Kemp wrapped up racing with the Cobra II after much static from the IMSA, mainly because he was an independent. However, the car showed up again in 1981, but did not start the race. It featured a new bodywork. Then, it would never be seen again.

Last edited:
Any questions just post,

When you sign up also put you skin choice after your name please, hover over my RSVP with your mouse to see how to do it.
I'm the 2nd in the list to sign up and my car choice is 14

So i have signed up: (2) Yes please #14

A big Christmas thanks To Yves for the setting up of the event :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Never really liked Opera, her talks shows were just lame with Dr Phil.
then she was in the movies,:O_o:

And now she releases a browser, is she planning on world domination or something..
come on Bill don't stand for this. I want my IE11 to wup her but in everything...:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I too have Firefox, I have to say... Apart from the anti Microsoft brigade (whingers and whiners all), I've seen nothing that would make me stop using their products. Hell, if I were to believe all the bovine scat read on the net, Chrome would have been outlawed already... please.

I had the same problem yesterday Randy but I went to Tools ...Compatibility Settings and added the website and now it allows me to make comments.

Thanks Jack, this works (well sorta).
I can now reply but the Rich text Editor no longer works, making things very limited unless you know all the coding.

Unfortunately, my IE just automatically upgraded to IE11, so now this website doesn't like it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%