gtl-flyer6.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Ford GT40
Race Type: Sprint & Feature
Track: Riverside Nascar (sprint) & Riverside Can-Am (feature) Click to Download
Weather: It's a Dry Heat.
Practice: 19.30 (30 mins)
Qualification: 20.00 (20 mins)
Race: 16 laps (Nascar layout) - 16 laps (Can-Am layout)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Skins: Click Me for Skinpack

I felt sorry for the old GT40, always excluded from the GTC65 races for basically being too good, so I've decided to unleash it round a track that lets it stretch it's legs. There will be a skinpack for the GT40 to follow. There's a slight change to the event because of the limitations of multitrack events where the lap counts have to match.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's 2 Golden Rules:

1.If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

2.Late sign outs or no-shows prevent others from entering club events. Some series have really hot seats and can be filled with ease for two or three times. If this happens too many times we are forced to terminate your club account immediately. Last sign out possibility is 1 hour prior to the start of the event (practice).

Not following these rules will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Simon Bacon
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Amir Margalit
  5. Matt Crouch
  6. Ben Tusting
  7. Dave Stephenson
  8. Steve Palmer
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
Reserves:
  1. Andy Marsden
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver

• Andy Marsden

Best thing to do at the mo regarding the front page event list is to ignore it as I think there are a few problems that are being looked into. The calender and the event post are the best places to check for dates at the moment :thumb:

Blimey!! I just did my first check out of this event, what sort of evil dreams were you guys having to plan this. :evil:

Quick, order another batch of GT40's from Ford, I've already destroyed most of the worlds supply in practice. :eek:
I suppose you know all those half tyres on the side of the road are rock solid. :rip: I sure do. :wink2:

It should prove a spectacle as we all jump over the the hump at about 250 KPH.

GT40Air.jpg

GT40Air1.jpg

Truth be told, I remembered this course from my GPL days, and it was a hoot then.

Those featherlight cars with all that power and no aero - wheee! :good:

So I decided to drag you all into my private hell.

Yes, the tyres are concrete filled, but I think we're all big enough & ugly enough to be able to avoid them :D - and we've all driven on tracks where some of the scenery is destructive, and this is no different. The brake markers last week, the Cone of Champs @ Lime Rock Mountain

It's just the speeds involved here are somewhat higher, and the resulting acrobatics somewhat more...elaborate :D

The lacks of entries is quite depressing, especially considering the quality of this sim.

I know we'll get some signups in the last two days, but people's reluctance to commit beyond that window is extremely frustrating.

GTL's like a good scotch, Evo's an alcopop, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%