Ford GT drivers announced for inaugural WEC campaign

And they'll win the GTE classes
because__murica_by_redalgae-d64g72t.png

Mod Edit: Off topic and unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
And they'll win the GTE classes
because__murica_by_redalgae-d64g72t.png
Ford will likely win Le Mans, because the car is build for Le Mans. It is a purpose build car, just like the Porsche 917 was a purpose build car. All the other GT cars are customer cars. Cars build for the road. Customers buy such a car and prepare it for racing. The Ford is not a customer car. It is a race car from scratch, the so called homologation car is not even build yet, maybe not even this year there will be a road legal car. And this car has only one purpose: Winning Le Mans after 50 years it won as the Ford GT-40.

And as this is so obvious and somehow disgusting to my approach of racing, I hope they will not win it. They can win it next year.
One thing I haven't understood until today: How could this prototype be homologated into this road-derived category???

And as this is so obvious and somehow disgusting to my approach of racing, I hope they will not win it. They can win it next year.
One thing I haven't understood until today: How could this prototype be homologated into this road-derived category???

Same reason that we have seen some US teams and drivers at Le Mans over the years that are maybe not at the very top level. The ACO would like keep the Le Mans name known in the US and after the ALMS stopped they probably think they need to do stuff like this. I don't think Ford will win the 24 hours this year unless they are very lucky with reliability but you never know.

The reliability of the Ford in Daytona was embarrassing. But besides that it is extremely fast in a straight line. According to Radio Le Mans its speed is comparable with a LMP2 car. In Spa it would be fifth fastest if it would be compared with the straight line speeds of the LMP2 class. iIts aerodynamics are that good that it can coast through corners to save fuel. Its win at Monterey a few weeks ago was a fuel mileage win.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back