Stock Car Extreme Setups

A setup is not going to gain you 1.8 seconds, not even half a second :) With these cars you can be pretty close to the ultimate time with just default, all the other changes you are making at max will gain you 0.2 tenths of a second.

The 1.8 seconds you are now missing has probably to do with driver technique, track and car knowledge and natural skills.

Some people are born as the virtual Schumacher, others need to practice for years and some people never become super fast. That's just the nature of the sport :).

To answer your first question. For a lancer setup on a different track, feel free to create a new thread for it. Share your own setups and ask people for some feedback, that way everybody can learn from eachother and we keep the threads on topic. :thumbsup:

thank you ... for your answer is relatively contradictory, setup can differentiate to 1 second to 3, if the way you think Hamilton drove in a sauber f1 and would be champion? .... when I do a better setup, I will gladly to come here to post video :cool:

Interlagos has many curves, if you make a balanced camber, tire pressure, springs, dampers differential, you can get in a perfectly curve, and get out of it without accelerating distracionar with tight end you can almentar 3km in each line, that and more than enough to lower seconds ... remembering that not only stretching and marches or short that makes it fast, the question of grip

Last edited:
setup can differentiate to 1 second to 3
I think you misunderstood what I posted. You can't win so many seconds with a sim racing setup, that's really a fable.

Especially with these relatively easy to drive touring cars it's really a matter of a few tenths at max. Do a 100 laps with the default setup and after that try a tweaked one and you'll see that the difference is really marginal.

Personally I don't always need a setup to make a perfect curve, simply adjust your driving technique does wonders as well. Especially with these FWD cars you can win a decent amount of time by using trail-braking for example.

I don't get this car around the track well,i must do something wrong with the setup.
This FWD cars just don't want to corner,but when i watch you guys i see really nice and close racing.
I hope someone can help me provide me a setup,so i can find a connection to race.
@Bram Hengeveld ,have you change your posted setup already?
I now i can't win by a setup but now i am only losing time to match .
Thanks..

Nope, for Cascavel the setup works fine for my driving technique but I trailbrake quite a lot with these kinda of FWD cars to make them turn in (and stabilize) the way I want it.

Try to apply some 10% to 15% throttle while braking and keep the revs up and you'll notice the setup feels a bit different all of a sudden.

That said: a setup is mostly a personal thing and might not work for other peoples driving technique.

I've found the default V8 setup has the following undesirable characteristics:
- understeer on corner entry
- oversteer on corner exit often leading to loss of control if you make a small mistake of giving it a touch too much throttle

Too try and counteract this I've made the following setup with the following adjustments:
- softened front anti roll bar for improved front grip and corner entry
- also softened front dampers for same effect

- reduced power diff lock to 18 degrees to help with corner exit and make it not so sensitive to throttle
- softened rear dampers to help with grip on corner exit
- lowered rear tyre pressures a tad to help with corner exit grip
-increased steering lock to 24 degrees to help with counter steer if u get into a slide

other:
-brake pressure 100% and bias at 66. I find you can use full brakes at speed without locking up and then slowly lift as the car slows down for optimal braking without lockups
- reduced ride height 1cm, lower is faster right?

Wing can then be adjusted as per track. I found I improved my time at interlagos by 2 seconds using this setup vs the default one. If anyone has any further suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Attachments

• v8 default.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 831
Hi Racers, 1. Can anyone help me with a setup for touring cars Salvador
2. How do i paste and share my setup File as above, I am total new to Extreme SC
Hi mate,
1 - The default setting is a good start. At first, adjust brake pressure and steering lock to your liking and according to your equipment. Reduce some of the pressure of the tires and go testing. Do not make many adjustments at once and to each setting 3 or 4 test laps. It is a difficult task and takes time. Other adjustments will depend on your driving style and the car's behavior.
2 - When you save a set is generated .SVM one file in the folder of that track that is in "UserData \ YourNameProfile \ Settings \ FolderTrack".

Cheers

I have a question, Please. How can I put this or any other Setup into my GSCE folder when I'm running it in Steam? What is the correct file path for it? I'm not very Good at working with these PC's:( Please any Help would be Greatly Appreciated on this. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Go to c: steam/steam apps/common/Stock car extreme/User data/ game name?/select the track/ and past the setup - when u open that track and select a car to which the setup fits. then click Garage1 you will notice a setup. click on it and hit LOAD button.

Hope u get this

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 76 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 48 6.3%
  • < 5 years