Ford Fiesta RS WRC 2012 Latvala - Latvala's Fiesta RS WRC 2012

Car: Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Year: 2012
Drivers: Latvala/Anttila
Rally: generic
Installation folder: DiRT Rally\cars\models\ffr\livery_44\textures_high
Version: 0.9
Released:
Author & contacts: meerkat80 (aka rivers); rallymeerkat.wordpress.com; http://www.racedepartment.com/members/meerkat80.216626/

Description:
2012 version of the official Fiesta RS WRC.
It's marked v0.9 because I'm still figuring out how to make the "matte exagons". They barely show on real stage picture, and are...

Read more about this resource...

5663802015062200003.jpg

6956592015062200002.jpg

2587472015062200001.jpg

Thx meerkat80.

meerkat80
"It's marked v0.9 because I'm still figuring out how to make the "matte exagons". They barely show on real stage picture, and are more visible in the press photo shoot but still I can't see them very well."

What do you mean by "matte exagons"?

• Deleted member 216626

meerkat80
"It's marked v0.9 because I'm still figuring out how to make the "matte exagons". They barely show on real stage picture, and are more visible in the press photo shoot but still I can't see them very well."

What do you mean by "matte exagons"?

If you look you can see them on the hood, on the trunk, rear bumper and even on the wheel arches: http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201201/2012-ford-fiesta-rs-wrc_1280x0w.jpg
One may think they are some kind of odd studio reflections, but there are some real stage pics in which you can (barely) see them too.

PS
thanks for the messages about the front light, I'll fix the texture for version 1.
:)

Hello meerkat, Excellent work on the livery. I suggest if you have photoshop to do a "hexagon" layer in between the wrc/ ford logo and the hood and either use a vector or select tool to create the hexagon pattern, do a fill and do a boolean subtract for the hex grids. You could play with the transparency on the "hexagon" layer as you see fit. Similarly you can possibly copy your hex layer and scale and rotate that layer to match your image for the other parts of the car. Wish I could help don't have photoshop anymore and wanted to do the old and newer cars that I've always liked. I just recently playing again including the old CMR series seems like the old High Gear and Black Hole Motorsport forums are all gone where I was active once. Anyway hope to see you finish it.

• Deleted member 216626

Hello meerkat, Excellent work on the livery. I suggest if you have photoshop to do a "hexagon" layer in between the wrc/ ford logo and the hood and either use a vector or select tool to create the hexagon pattern, do a fill and do a boolean subtract for the hex grids. You could play with the transparency on the "hexagon" layer as you see fit. Similarly you can possibly copy your hex layer and scale and rotate that layer to match your image for the other parts of the car. Wish I could help don't have photoshop anymore and wanted to do the old and newer cars that I've always liked. I just recently playing again including the old CMR series seems like the old High Gear and Black Hole Motorsport forums are all gone where I was active once. Anyway hope to see you finish it.

Yes this is more or less how I started. The main problem is that I don't have good enough pictures to see where they are. If anyone could help me locate them all would be easier. Not much time to work on it now BTW. But it will be out one day I promise (with the chrome fix on the front lights).

• Deleted member 216626

Thanks for the pics. I have all the studio pictures, but they are not good enough :(

Hi meerkat, I thought the reference pictures shared above were clear enough showing where some of the hexagons are, at least the most noticeable ones. Even if it's not perfect it's okay, but it's not the end of the world if they're not there...just wondering why finally you did not include some of them in v1.0 :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 216626

Because there are no picture available that show the position of *all* the exagons. No plans to add them sorry.

• Deleted member 216626

:O_o:
uploading the fix right now.
I knew I screwed something.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 106 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.6%