Ford C100 1982

Cars Ford C100 1982 0.94

Login or Register an account to download this content
finally got to download this, looks really well done so far, your modelling is top notch. Love how there's like the whole V8 in 3D in there even tho you can't see it, labour of love :D

regarding what @carmar pointed out, the car is so far missing an ambient occlusion bake of the exterior and a proper RGB map texture. So far you use just a simple all white one for multiple materials around the car. I played around a little with CM and Gimp and made this to show you how it could look with some more tweaks (you should also change to a shader that offers sunSpec values at the bottom of the register, but i didn't do that here:
preview.jpg

preview AO.jpg

(it's a bit subtle here as I think the CM preview maker renders its own shadow)

here are the textures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uhhxaof7v7hv36/Desktop.zip?dl=0

finally got to download this, looks really well done so far, your modelling is top notch. Love how there's like the whole V8 in 3D in there even tho you can't see it, labour of love :D

regarding what @carmar pointed out, the car is so far missing an ambient occlusion bake of the exterior and a proper RGB map texture. So far you use just a simple all white one for multiple materials around the car. I played around a little with CM and Gimp and made this to show you how it could look with some more tweaks (you should also change to a shader that offers sunSpec values at the bottom of the register, but i didn't do that here:
View attachment 441868
View attachment 441867
(it's a bit subtle here as I think the CM preview maker renders its own shadow)

here are the textures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uhhxaof7v7hv36/Desktop.zip?dl=0
Hi, thanks for the hints, I guess I'm not the best when it comes to this painting stuff. I tried to do the ambient occlusion but it didn't work out very well.

Nicely done!

Code:
[GEARS]
UP=9700
DOWN=70

[HEADER]
VERSION=4
[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=22
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=0
[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.2
[PEDALS]
BRAKE_HINT=0.98
TRAIL_HINT=1
[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.2
[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=1.05
[TYRES]
HINT=1.02

to get the car working in ai hands

edit: I may have been a little premature, the above parameters make the car work good in "self AI mode" (using Ctrl-G, Ctrl-C in Hotlap or Race mode) but in a race among other Group-C it didn't really want to move of the grid. Maybe it's something about the gearbox parameters.

Last edited:
Honestly, I went in and changed the files to those of the previously released Toyota 89CV, that being the AI, drivetrain and engine files, altered these slightly just to get it running as an ai opponent. I think it will be something to do with AI shifting vs engine values. I was able to get the AI to move with the original files just by changing the downshift value but it wouldn't change gear properly.

This is a good start and it's always appreciated to see new Group C cars, especially the older and less common cars. When done, this will sit nicely alongside the XJR-5 for example. It might be an idea to get in contact with someone who has got their AI working nicely previously, someone like A3DR who is well respected here.

Last edited:
It's really weird, been trying to tweak numbers around the different ini (drivetrain, ai, engine, power.lut), but the result is the same, AI cars will crawl of the start line with the steering wheel at 45° and tire screech sample playing, while my C 100, handed over to AI control with Ctrl-C will just take off and race normally.

Last edited:
It's really weird, been trying to tweak numbers around the different ini (drivetrain, ai, engine, power.lut), but the result is the same, AI cars will crawl of the start line with the steering wheel at 45° and tire screech sample playing, while my C 100, handed over to AI control with Ctrl-C will just take off and race normally.
Not enough initial torque (stupid noob question)?

Not enough initial torque (stupid noob question)?
it had very little, just 30Nm, but I changed it to what the (DFV powered) Lotus 49 has, 100 NM. Didn't change anything about the issue. The weird thing is the different behaviour between "AI grid" and "AI Ctrl-C". I don't know what difference there is, and if certain settings are only used by the grid AI.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years