Ford and Holden Australian Supercars Coming to iRacing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Australian Supercars 2019.jpg

iRacing have confirmed they are developing the Ford and Holden current generation Australian Supercars for the simulation.

An immensely popular series across the world, the Australian Supercar championship has been strangely absent from modern racing simulations in recent years - something iRacing are about to finally put right once and for all.

The online racing simulation has a wide variety of different classifications of cars already available for players to purchase, however news that the 2019 specification Ford Mustang and Holden Commodore ZB are in development and heading to the simulation in the near future should generate quite a bit of excitement for fans of the popular racing sim.

Australian Supercars aren't entirely new to iRacing players, the simulation having already released older specification cars in the form of the Ford Falcon FG and Holden Commodore VF - but moving to the latest regulations and models is certainly a surprising and positive move from the American development team.

“Australian iRacers are some of the most passionate and talented simracers we’ve ever seen,” said iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations executive producer Steve Myers. “We’re always happy to support our community Down Under, and adding the current generation of Supercars was a no-brainer. We can’t wait for the new cars to debut in next year’s Gfinity Supercars Eseries, and for the rest of the world to learn what we already know about these cars: they’re absolute beasts on the track.”
iRacing have yet to give fans a firm release date for these new machines, however both cars are expected to be made available in the simulation sometime early in the near year, ready for use in the next season of online eSport competition within the title.

For iRacing news and discussions, head on over to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment to connect with your fellow sim racing community members.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm absolutely delighted that my Fave series for the past 14 years or so is finally gonna be Licensed in a proper racing Sim, slightly gutted it's in iRacing as it's not my go-to Sim of choice but with their impending AI, recent Tire Updates and further improvements to Dynamic Track Surfaces maybe it's not a bad choice.

Best get re-subbed then!?

Edit: I hope they can keep up with the Supercars Aero Parity Updates...no-one else can :D

Great addition, these cars produce great racing. I have been on my annual "let's see what iRacing has been up to" kick...I might stick around this time, cars are now much grippier and fun to drive and there's always a steady stream of features in the pipeline (as you would hope, given what they charge $$$ :confused:)

Also, this doesn't get talked about near enough, but the track renders in iRacing...just sublime, no one does it better. The level of accuracy and detail is just incredible.

After seeing a couple more images getting around, can anyone confirm if its in the next update? and when would that next update be? I dont use the service anymore unless I have a few paint jobs for someone, waiting for AI and these two models to arrive.
76702373_461152611179852_3842797313785331712_n.jpg

76945529_462707064354568_224009564125659136_n.jpg

I like the addition, but what's always kept me out of these cars is how they drive. Are they updating the physics/tires too, or just adding new cars?

totally agree. i have no idea in regards to your question. Going from vague recollection of thoughts in my head that these new ones are being used in the official V8 Supercars eSport series in 2020 in Australia, so perhaps iracing will give them a total update in physics and tire model.... as im only assuming that they got latest data to use from the series to go with the updates :O_o: . Heres hoping anyway.

if iracing were smart and wanted to capture 1/2 the southern hemisphere as users, they would update the physics, scan a handful (even just two Sydney Motorsport park and The Bend) more of Australian tracks and the NZ track and they would.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%