AC Ford '34 coupe @ Vallelunga - Monday 10 Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was fun :thumbsup: Thanks to @Craig Dunkley and @Denis Betty , to which I wish to dedicate my first podium finish (thanks for the fuel settings :laugh:) Got the warning light as I crossed the line at the beginning of the last lap and switched to fuel saving mode. Ran out of fuel just before crossing the finish line passing some stranded guys.

2nd race was fun too. Even though the inevitably spin came in L1 making me loose positions. But had some nice battles there (thanks to everyone involved for the clean and good racing :thumbsup: ) In the end I was catching up on @HF2000 and was waiting for him to make a mistake but he kept it cool :thumbsup: forcing me to push to hard and spin again.

Thanks @Denis Betty Denis for running tonight's event, that was great fun :thumbsup: Amazing to watch the top lap times... those of the fastest 5 or so - some were sideways, others super smooth, though so little in it at the flag.

Thanks to all for the fair racing too, saw a few door handle tussles but the cars are hard to handle so any paint that needs a buff is expected:roflmao:.

Out of curiosity, did anyone use standard setup? I tried my super-demon-killer setup, also known as 'farting around with it', and apart from brake balance found standard faster:laugh:

Thanks @Denis Betty Denis for running tonight's event, that was great fun :thumbsup: Amazing to watch the top lap times... those of the fastest 5 or so - some were sideways, others super smooth, though so little in it at the flag.

Thanks to all for the fair racing too, saw a few door handle tussles but the cars are hard to handle so any paint that needs a buff is expected:roflmao:.

Out of curiosity, did anyone use standard setup? I tried my super-demon-killer setup, also known as 'farting around with it', and apart from brake balance found standard faster:laugh:
Standard setup for me.

I used 0 on the back wheel rate and lowered the suspension until i've hit the minimum req. But I was at the back anyway, and I was learning the circuit as I was doing the setup, so they might not have helped at all :)) (the wheel rate to 0 helped).

Obviously, setup was pretty irrelevant in this car, while impossible to heat up the tires, especially the front.
It was fun, but can't say this car didn't get my pipes going, I'm glad I have a press-to-talk button...
Took an unexpected R1 win, as Enzo clearly wanted me to win :whistling:
Also unexpected took fastest lap in both races, but that didn't help me much in R2. Same Enzo gave me a little unintended push in the hard Tornantino 180, I spun and it just went south from there. With cars flying around me, I couldn't hear my own revs and tire squeel, which I always use when I don't know a car well enough to go by FFB and visuals. Guess my volume levels wasn't ready for Legend Cars:confused: :roflmao::roflmao:
Got my focus back together and caught up with my danish buddies Axel and Michael, but I was going too fast into the big T7, and for christ sake, I hit my own racebuddy Michael of all, trying to avoid Axel. Of cause, it was meself that took the spin, again. Later on, I had a small incident with John powerDenis, me having a little lockup on the inside, while Denis turning in on me. Nothing big, but I was already loosing the fight with this car, so obviously I had to do another full retard spin...christ on a bike!
I watched the replay afterwards and had a handful of good laughs, I could almost hear the sped up banjo-music, I looked like Buster Keaton on wheels.

Thanks everybody, good sports, awesome (moto)car, I hope for more Legend Car events!

A little bonus, from the track I'm trying to build for AC:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Obviously, setup was pretty irrelevant in this car, while impossible to heat up the tires, especially the front.
It was fun, but can't say this car didn't get my pipes going, I'm glad I have a press-to-talk button...
Took an unexpected R1 win, as Enzo clearly wanted me to win :whistling:
Also unexpected took fastest lap in both races, but that didn't help me much in R2. Same Enzo gave me a little unintended push in the hard Tornantino 180, I spun and it just went south from there. With cars flying around me, I couldn't hear my own revs and tire squeel, which I always use when I don't know a car well enough to go by FFB and visuals. Guess my volume levels wasn't ready for Legend Cars:confused: :roflmao::roflmao:
Got my focus back together and caught up with my danish buddies Axel and Michael, but I was going too fast into the big T7, and for christ sake, I hit my own racebuddy Michael of all, trying to avoid Axel. Of cause, it was meself that took the spin, again. Later on, I had a small incident with John power, me having a little lockup on the inside, while John turning in on me. Nothing big, but I was already loosing the fight with this car, so obviously I had to do another full retard spin...christ on a bike!
I watched the replay afterwards and had a handful of good laughs, I could almost hear the sped up banjo-music, I looked like Buster Keaton on wheels.

Thanks everybody, good sports, awesome (moto)car, I hope for more Legend Car events!

A little bonus, from the track I'm trying to build for AC:

Cheers!
Ah sorry mate, I didn't even realized I touched you. I only just saw it when I watched the stream back.

I had no issues with tire temps.
Regarding setups, I also tried a softer rear, but that made the rear tires grip more, while sliding in this car is faster so I went back to default with 1psi more in the right side tires.

I had a small incident with John power, me having a little lockup on the inside, while John turning in on me.
Yeh that wasn't John, it was me. I was calling out on TS to see if you wanted me to wait. I tried to leave a good car's width on the inside for you. Sorry if I contributed to a frustrating race for you. I just realised that I didn't have the radar app turned on. Not sure when I turned it off, but it's back on now. :thumbsup:

Yeh that wasn't John, it was me. I was calling out on TS to see if you wanted me to wait. I tried to leave a good car's width on the inside for you. Sorry if I contributed to a frustrating race for you. I just realised that I didn't have the radar app turned on. Not sure when I turned it off, but it's back on now. :thumbsup:

I vaguely heard someone shouting out, but I was blasted by enginevolumes :roflmao:
No problem, it was as incident, as I locked up and went straight.

It was a lot of fun this race. Thanks @Craig Dunkley , @Denis Betty for organising. I hope we will use this car again in the future, preferably on short circuits (Mills?).

First stint started completely wrong because Denis in front of me didn't move as the lights went off. I made a move to pass him but I guess that the tyres were to cold for the traction and I went straight into the wall:sick:. So last position for me and some catching up to do. Had some nice battles and a second wall contact when I tried to evade two cars that were spinning just after the last turn. So more catching up which went well until I tried to outbrake @steen skov Laursen and I blocked the front wheels. There was contact and we both went off track. My apologies for that, Steen. Finished 11th.

Second stint was completely different with no mistakes from me at all and climbing steadily in the ranks when cars in front got off track. Finished 5th which is a good result for me in this field of very skilled drivers. Thanks all for participating :thumbsup: .

I watched @Enzo Fazzi 's stream of the race. It's a good example for what I wrote in the thread of the Sveg race last Sunday about driving style. He has many more steering movements than I have. And he's some 2 s faster....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%