AC Ford '34 coupe @ Vallelunga - Monday 10 Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was a lot of fun this race. Thanks @Craig Dunkley , @Denis Betty for organising. I hope we will use this car again in the future, preferably on short circuits (Mills?).

First stint started completely wrong because Denis in front of me didn't move as the lights went off. I made a move to pass him but I guess that the tyres were to cold for the traction and I went straight into the wall:sick:. So last position for me and some catching up to do. Had some nice battles and a second wall contact when I tried to evade two cars that were spinning just after the last turn. So more catching up which went well until I tried to outbrake @steen skov Laursen and I blocked the front wheels. There was contact and we both went off track. My apologies for that, Steen. Finished 11th.

Second stint was completely different with no mistakes from me at all and climbing steadily in the ranks when cars in front got off track. Finished 5th which is a good result for me in this field of very skilled drivers. Thanks all for participating :thumbsup: .

I watched @Enzo Fazzi 's stream of the race. It's a good example for what I wrote in the thread of the Sveg race last Sunday about driving style. He has many more steering movements than I have. And he's some 2 s faster....
you've passed me at some point and it was funny because I forgot to brake, while looking for you in the mirror, saw that I can't stop in time, so I've accelerated again to pass in front you and leave you the turn only for yourself. It was pretty scary, but it was the only way to not crash into. if I would have taken the turn, we would have crashed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.5%