Force India Go Pink for F1 2017!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Force India Pink Livery.jpg

Force India have revealed a bold new pink livery for the 2017 Formula One season, in deference to a new primary sponsorship arrangement.

With the new Formula One season fast approaching Force India have revealed a refreshed livery design ahead of Melbourne, dropping the now traditional Force India gold and white for a rather eye catching shade of pink, courtesy of a new sponsorship arrangement with BWT, an Austrian based water brand that makes it's debut in Formula One.

The new scheme is quite a departure from previous Force India cars, and will surely help the Silverstone based squad stand out on the grid come Melbourne, as well as providing much needed funds to a squad that has spend years punching well above it's weight and resources in Grand Prix Racing.

Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director of Sahara Force India:

The arrival of BWT in Formula One is huge news and represents one of the most significant partnerships in our ten year history. It’s a sign of how far we have come as a team with our strong results and completes a solid commercial performance over the winter. For 2017 our cars will sport a vibrant new colour scheme with a smart matte finish. Changing the colour of our cars is an indication of the strength of this new partnership and a real statement of intent from BWT as they begin their relationship with the sport of Formula One.”

BWT CEO Andreas Weißenbacher, on BWT’s decision to sponsor a Formula 1 team, says:

“The collaboration with Sahara Force India is an important part of our brand-globalisation strategy and will dynamically increase awareness of our brand around the world. We share with Formula 1 – the premier league of motor sport – the passion we show every day in trying to achieve the best possible standards for our elixir of life, H2O, enabling us to meet the demanding requirements for quality, health, safety and hygiene and drive the development of new technologies.”
It is believed that the new colour scheme won't just apply to the cars themselves, with both returning Mexican driver Sergio Perez and new for 2017 team mate Esteban Ocon also thought to be sporting a pink designed helmet for the new season. Good luck picking out who's who when the cars hit the track for the first time...

Force India have been running reasonably well in pre season testing at Barcelona this year, with the team amassing a solid lap total without needing to worry the front runners with overall pace. With new regulations for 2017 and a raft of teams sporting extreme design ideas, reliability may well be a key factor that allows the Silverstone squad to pic up a handful of points early into the season.

So shocking pink on a Formula One car eh? What do you think of the new FI livery? Does the new colour scheme help the team stand out amongst a sea of corporate blandness or is it a bit too flashy for it's own good? Let us know in the comments section what you think!

Last edited:
I'm just happy to see something a bit different than the usual corporate garbage teams produce.

Still sad to see the drivers have to have pink helmets however, I'm old school and firmly believe a drivers helmet is his in car identity and should remain the same throughout a career. Perhaps in today's age of the almighty dollar ruling over everything those opinions are just naïve...

Pink is the cursed colour in motorsport. Through my many years of marshalling, pink cars always do badly. They can be doing well in the race, but will almost always crash out, or have a mechanical failure - it's just the way of the pink.

Even great drivers struggle in it. Jason Plato was going for the BTCC title after a fantastic year, but the car was painted pink in the last round, and he flopped down the order and lost the title, showing none of the pace we're used to with him. If Force India have a bad year, it's down to the curse of the pink car.

Hmm, don't know really what to say, it's brave for sure, but as Jimlaade said above pink has never been the best colour in racing.

Sorry Jimlaade must ask, is that really your surname?

Pretty in pink.....oink..oink! ;)

I still don't get it why a water filter company chooses pink as main brand color, as pink water isn't very health at all.:cautious:

But the livery works better with the pink than the dull silver. Some improvements could be made to the fin design, maybe with a new sponsor like this...
latest

...just a joke. :p

Last edited:
I'm not massive on pink but this shade and detailing looks really good. For me the most important factor is them securing more money. As a private team I think the scored excellent last year and this is the only way they have a chance at moving up the grid, so good luck to them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%