What will the livery look like? Stroll’s dad picture with some sponsors on top?
Heard that “unconfirmed” team name for some time now but you get used to it after eventually.

Stroll and partners are about to find out how fast F1 bleeds money out of privateers. Will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

I'm pretty sure they have done their homeworks. Lawrence Stroll knows the world of racing extremely well and if you look at the list of investors, you'll see that these individuals are quite astute businessmen. I believe they have put together a good financial structure.

Curious what naysayers like you will do if Stroll actually does well in a better car. Or better yet, beats Perez? Are you going to also be complaining that Kubica doesn't deserve a seat in F1 if Williams is still a back marker in 2019? You all seem to forget that Stroll managed a podium in 2017.

Stroll won't come close to beating Perez unless the head mechanic sabotages Perez's car. Perez is on another level compared to Stroll.

I think what's happened in the last few years is not so much the physicality of the car but just the actual forces generated on the body itself. The cars all have some form of power steering now but the brakes are still hard work over a two hour race.

The two main differences I suppose are firstly the last set of regulations, which brought about the massive increase in aerodynamics and tyre grip. So they are more physical from the point of view of being thrown around.

The second difference is drivers no longer have the luxury of going flat out all the time, they have to look after the car to enable it to last X number of races. Whether that is engine, gearbox, etc. So yes from that point of view you have a point.

On a different tact, the performance difference between something like a GP2 car and F1 is also much smaller now. When you think of the 80's or even 90's the performance jump between a junior category car and F1 was huge, that doesn't apply quite so much now. However it's unfortunate that due to the technology in something like GP2 the driver budget is approaching almost the same level as an F1 seat now.
Tell Liberty Media you want to drive one. We will see what lap time you put in before you crash.
Nothing to do with sport. In sport you race if you are good enough. Here Stroll can race just because his dad buys a team. The worst part is that Stroll won'tbe able to prove anything to himself. Would he have been good enough to get there without his dad? Who knows. The podium he got in 2017 counts nothing: once you are in, everything can happen. Pastor Maldonado won a race, Eliseo Salazar scored 1 point, everything can happen. Lance, if you are a man: fire yourself - lol! - and prove that you deserve a seat!
He may be good or the next Pedro Diniz (His dad owned chain of supermarkets and brought in Parmalat Sponsorship to any team willing to let him drive. Not much success. Money wont buy podeoms.)

but the arrival of max and now lando norris and before them lewis and seb has shown us that true talent also gets you in. i'm happy with paydrivers if they keep the field at the current size. without them, i suppose we'd be down to 12 drivers or so.

Some fans don't appear to have a basic understanding of how difficult it is to race at this level.

Stroll can't be bad - probably not among the top tier, but he's doing a reasonable job of racing in F1; for a start, doesn't crash into his opponents as often as a few over-hyped individuals who shall remain nameless.

Some fans don't appear to have a basic understanding of how difficult it is to race at this level.

Stroll can't be bad - probably not among the top tier, but he's doing a reasonable job of racing in F1; for a start, doesn't crash into his opponents as often as a few over-hyped individuals who shall remain nameless.

But it isn't difficult if you have been karting since 6, had money chucked at you, had a whole GP2 team purchased for you by your Dad with ex Ferrari F1 mechanics and the best team / car by a mile and use of the Williams Sim that your Dad paid for, use of an ex Williams F1 car for a YEAR to practice on F1 tracks with 10 Williams technicians, all there simply for you to learn.....

Fact is like i say he should be able to bloody get an F1 car around a track, it really isn't that hard anyway......
F1 is not about the driver anyway it is all about the car / team so i have no doubt Lance would be in the top 5-3 in a Merc.... but if everyone else was in a Merc he'd be at the back....

If anyone of us had a billionaire Dad and we wanted to be racing cars as a living we would be.... simple as that.

A billionaire Dad could not pay to get his son into the Barcelona A team unless he was good enough..... F1 simply isn't about only talent... and even then the talent is only there due to karting from young age and money money money.....

And the reason an F1 car goes 180 around a corner is not the driver...... same driver could not go around a corner at 180 without his front or rear wing......... IT IS THE AERO.....so engineers make cars go 180 around corners......see..................

I am genuinely interested to see what LS can do in a half decent car.....he won't set the world alight, but I imagine he will do OK for himself.

He will be about where that car should be and based on the performance of the rest of the cars.....

For example Lewis H could not of won a race let alone the Merc WDC in a Torro Rosso....
And if Lance was in Lewis's Merc and Lewis in a Torro Rosso Lance would be 'faster' than Lewis.....

Just look at what the Merc did for Bottas's CV............ made him a race winner for one...

I get your point, but a car is only as good as the man behind the wheel. Look at Bottas in the second Merc, simply off the pace of Hamilton for much of the season. Or Vandoorne against Nando....

Realistically you can only be measured against the sister car, especially in the midfield

I get your point, but a car is only as good as the man behind the wheel. Look at Bottas in the second Merc, simply off the pace of Hamilton for much of the season. Or Vandoorne against Nando....

Realistically you can only be measured against the sister car, especially in the midfield

Yes so Lewis is better than Bottas...who knew hey?

I think Lewis is the best F1 driver in the field, so stick him in the best car and what do we expect to happen?
Thing with Motorsport and F1 in particular....stick the best driver in the worst car and he won't get near the podium.....

Did Lance Stroll walk all over the Russian bot that was in F1 just because of the contractual obligations to Putin and the Russian GP?
Not so sure he did.... ad the Russian Bot never had the training and practice that Lance had access to....

I believe you knew what I was getting at without the need to be condescending.
I just wanted a decent forum where I could discuss my favorite sport....

You can discuss it, so long as you can man up and deal with people with an alternate point of view.....
And also there are plenty of forum that are just about F1 so why not try those first rather than a game forum...?

Wow. Thanks chap

This was my choice, because it covered two of my favorite things, F1 and F1 gaming...wrong choice clearly, so I will wish you all the best and I'll be on my way.

Have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years